1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kamara In January Maybe...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by LAMackem, Oct 13, 2018.

1. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Gil T Azell likes this.
  2. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

LAMackem likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think we'll still be looking to offload Catts and Oviedo, not because of performances obviously but because their wages would pay for half the league combined.

Like you say if Ross does want him he's probably a good un.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  4. LAMackem

I think we will sell Oviedo in January if we get an acceptable bid. Catts I’m not too sure they way he is playing at the moment. If promotion is on then he may be kept till end of season and see where everything is at. I think if Kamara can add some muscle to the team then he will be an option. Didn’t we try to get this lad before? Not sure I think Ross have done pretty well so far in the transfer market so hopefully he would be another good un :)

Sunderlad and Gil T Azell like this.
  5. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

I'll have a word with my Finnish pal, a sports lawyer who represents a few Finnish footballers. Looks like a powerhouse, which is what we need in the middle.

6. LAMackem

I think the thought maybe that we are looking for a brick sh*t house player in the middle of the park...sometimes we appear in the lower leagues to lack that physicality. If he comes I hope it works out well....

Gil T Azell likes this.
  7. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I think if we're in with a shout of getting promoted or even with a chance of winning the league then it would be madness to sell Catts in January. But playing devils avocate January is still 3 months away and his form could dip (fingers crossed though) but I do agree that Oveido could go in Jan. However, if we do fail to gain promotion then sell him (Catts) in the summer.

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think it'd be a reasonable move to sell Catts in January, strike while the iron is hot and get a good price for him.

If we did keep him and signed this Kamara we'd have way too many CMs for our status. It'd be Catts, Power, Kamara, McGeough, Mumba, Robson, Embleton, Honeyman and O'Nien.

If Power can resist getting sent off like a knob then I'm sure that with one of the other lads alongside him we wouldn't miss Catts much.

Sunderlad likes this.
  9. JammySAFC

JammySAFC Well-Known Member

If Catts went then I’d love to see Mumba given a bit more time in the first team, yes he’s a young lad but time under his belt would be so beneficial to him, and I don’t think he looks out of depth. Think Ross would go with Robson though.

10. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I think Mumba will get swallowed in this league without a Cattermole beside him.think he needs that experienced head next to him at his age.

11. LAMackem

If Catts keeps his current good form up and the offer came in realistically Donald would sell on the basis every player has his price. Couldn't blame him really as it would be another case of moving on from the past. When we are heading back up the leagues hopefully we know Catts would have his limitations as well. On the midfield group you highlighted I would think Honeyman and O'Nien would be the weakest links. I agree about Power....we can't afford to play any games with 10 men. If he sorts himself out I can see a good player there.

Gil T Azell likes this.