1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kaka debut

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by toshchamberlainsmate, Mar 31, 2012.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I thought "the boy done good"

He seemed to be comfortable with the ball, not shy to take a shot, generally good crossing/passing. Nice to see him hit the wood, shame it didn't go in for him. Looks promising.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well played today Fulham, your defence was rock solid, I thought we played better in the second half and might possibly have nicked a point, although that would have been unfair on you! <ok>

Good luck for the rest of the season!

<cheers>

3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

We were very narrow in the first half but that changed in the second when the rest of them realised Kaca was on the pitch. He was really impressive; took on the opposition like a true winger, tracked back and did some good defensive covering, read the game well and frequently 'ran the channels' to make himself available. Pity he wasn't noticed more often and how unlucky with that curling shot that hit the bar.

The next Graham Leggat.

4. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Hi Dave - yes you pressed hard for most of the second half, but seemed toothless without GH - we are glad he was suspended.

I'm obviously biased (like you) and think we could have won 3or4 - 1, all in all a goodish game. MOTD will still have it last coz it's Fulham and Norwich. Nice to see you guys staying up - you will need to follow through next season as clubs will have sussed your style, but I think you are more likely to stay up next year than Swansea, who I think will have a hard time.

Much depends on who comes up - my money's on Saints, Reading and Brum, with Brum being very vulnerable

5. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Yes Indeed. I was impressed with Kaka, especially in the second half. His shot over the 'keeper was unfortunate to hit the bar. He was so willing to take players on, which was good given that Frei held back from doing so on Monday.

To have both players would seem to bode well for the future of FFC.

C O Y W

6. RobespierreFFC

Kaka was very good today, didn't looked phased by the occasion. Having the pog would have helped him today as often he and duff made good runs but had little to aim at. Must admit i was surprised to see him chosen ahead of frei to replace the pog though, would have been happy either way of course as they're both talented players.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I thought Kacaniklic was onside when he went on to put the ball in the back of the net,
    but he got ruled offside. Didn't show it on MOTD (as usual) so no replay to judge why
    he was given offside.

Fulham played some good passing football, and if they had taken their chances I wouldn't
    have been as worried about them blowing it in the last 10 minutes.

8. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

I thought Kaka had a good debut, without being so good that we'll all be expecting miracles from the boy. Looks comfortable on the ball, good technique and he's obviously come back from Watford full of confidence. Apparently he can play centre midfield as well as out wide, so that could be where his long term future lies once he's a bit stronger and more experienced.

Just one point to note, he's only under contract with FFC until the end of this season so we'd better hurry up and sign him up.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I didn't know that about his contract - that's a bit worrying. Sign him up, indeed!

10. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Yes, reports were that Kacaniklic signed a 2 year deal when he came here (LDV signed a 3 year deal). Hard not to think we recalled him from Watford to show him he had a future here and that he should sign a new deal with us.

To be honest, he showed enough on Saturday that he should definitely be considered for a new deal. He provided some much needed width to our game and if the Pog had stayed on I think Kaca would have had a bigger impact. He looks better running at players than Ruiz does (although Ruiz showed me enough at the weekend to convince me there is some reason to be optimistic for him next season) and with a centre forward holding the line, which Clint did not do, he showed signs of being able to get behind the full back. As great as Duff is, he doesn't often seem to beat the fullback anymore.

I think there is some real untapped potential in our team. I am very much looking forward to some more academy graduates, it's not something we've seen much of in the last 15 years.