1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just the start

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

3 years too imo , now the battle lines are drawn

4. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I'm no Jenkins advocate, but I fear what the yanks may do now. Hopefully he'll come out about everything that's going on. One thing's for sure, the future of our club is on the line.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Huw Jenkins has stepped down as chairman of Championship club Swansea City.
    Jenkins, 55, was appointed chairman in January 2002 and oversaw a huge reversal in fortunes.
    The club almost dropped out of the Football League in 2003 before rising up the divisions to win Premier League promotion in 2011.
    "It comes with great sadness but I feel I've been left with little or no option [but] to leave my position," he said.
    But Jenkins has been criticised by some Swansea supporters since the takeover of the club in 2016 by American pair Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan,
    Calls for him to step down intensified since the club's relegation to the Championship last season.
    On Saturday, Swansea City Supporters' Trust criticised the club's owners for lacking ambition and called for Jenkins to stand down.
    It came in the wake of a January transfer window in which the club lost further players and made no signings.
    "Swansea City has been a massive part of my life from a very young age," Jenkins added.
    please log in to view this image

Huw Jenkins had come under increasing criticism from some sections of Swansea City supporters
    "I have been very fortunate to fulfill my childhood dreams over the last 17 years or so providing direction and leadership at the club whilst moving through the football leagues and competing with the elite of British football in the Premier league for seven seasons.
    "Gradually over the last few seasons my role as Chairman providing such leadership and direction has been eroded away.
    "Finally I can sit back no longer and hide behind my position and stay true to myself and my beliefs."
    Swansea spent seven seasons in English football's top-flight and the club won the Football League Cup in 2013 and qualifying for the Europa League.
    "To have lead our football club through the greatest period in the clubs history has been a fantastic experience," Jenkins added.
    "The atmosphere that we created within the club was without a doubt one of the key factors to our success over many years.
    please log in to view this image

Steve Kaplan (centre) and Jason Levien (right) decided to keep Huw Jenkins (front left) as chairman when they bought a controlling stake in Swansea City in July 2016
    "The directors and staff that worked with me over the last 17 years supported me with total trust and loyalty and we all shared a true Love for Swansea City and we operated like true supporters to run the club from top to bottom."
    Jenkins was lauded for the managerial appointments of Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup during his time in charge of Swansea, which also saw the club move to the Liberty Stadium
    "Sound managerial choices helped me build the football club and with the working relationships I developed provided our football club with a solid platform to achieve unrivaled success over many of those earlier years and that's one of the things l shall miss most about my time as chairman.
    "I would like to thank all the staff and players past and present and the clubs supporters who have supported me fully over the last 17 years.
    "It has taken me some time to finally come to this decision but the current atmosphere with in the football club on and off the football field saddens me very much and I find it very difficult to fight on in a football club I love but can no longer control."

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Can the Club be in any worse state than it is with him gone? at least that's half a million quid saved. We know we're in for a battle and now it is just us and Them , hopefully more people will see what's happening/happened to the Club and stop burying their heads in the sand. That statement of his is full of self pitying self praise with no mention of the fact it was him and others who sold the club to the very people he's now claiming who are now usurping him

7. Taffvalerowdy

Well Huw, you decided to sell to these Yanks......

You reap what you sow!

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

HUGE

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

He should have been kicked out of the Club the day he sacked Michael Laudrup <ok> He's been stealing a wage since. Sucked up to the Yanks and undid all his previous work. F*** off Jenkins.

10. PGFWhite

Next up - The Yanks.

F*** off Yanks because you don't belong here. You have no feeling for the Club. You don't support the Club. You have no knowledge of football and you're ****e businessmen. Sell up and f*** off. <ok>

11. Taffvalerowdy

Atmosphere at the Liberty next week will be interesting.....

daimungeezer and DragonPhilljack like this.
  12. PGFWhite

It was highly charged this afternoon. Next week could be toxic.

13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

That's one bastard gone, just two more to go, now the real battle starts, just remember though that he is still a bloody shareholder...............................<ok>

14. Taffvalerowdy

But with no voting rights, apparently.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sticking up for HJ, but I fear that we're now going to be totally raped by these yanks. I think we all need to be proactive and join in a protest and before we're completely down and out. We've done it once we can do it again.

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I'm afraid there's more than two, Dineen is employed as a "consultant" so it'll be interesting to see if he starts getting some well deserved abuse, also M Morgan has gone under the radar as well The yanks is the biggest problem but not unsurmountable, although imo it looks like we've a lot further to fall yet

17. Taffvalerowdy

Company Law affords measures of protection to Minority Shareholders. The role of the Trust with c21% is now really pivotal <cheers>

Unless, of course, Dai is right and they have no shares....... <laugh>

18. DragonPhilljack

Yes I agree with you regarding the stripping of the club, but after next seasons parachute money, there will be nothing to stay for, but in the mean time, we should make the remaining time of these Yanks very uncomfortable as possible, spread the word, YANKS OUT!!!!!!!!............................<ok>

19. DragonPhilljack

Agree with you on your assessment, I hadn't forgotten about Morgan & Dineen, just that the big issue will be these parasite Yanks.......................<ok>

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

When has Dai ever been right <whistle>

neveroffsidereff likes this.