1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just for fun through the season (2)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 23, 2018.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

What, a set of odds you cant get. I thought you could bet on anything. :angry:

See that Wolves are saying they want to win the premier league in 7 years. I'd be happy still being in the premier league in 7 years.

Wolves and Fulham certainly setting their sights high. More likely to be disappointed that way.

I'm happy the way Colin is setting his stall out.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Noticed earlier this week that the Sky elo computer prediction had Wolves to finish 20th and bottom this season - we were on 18th.

Don't know how the hell the work that out or what algorithms they use, but that was a bit of a shock and probably a load of bollocks anyway.

3. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Wolves and Fulham are living off past history. Not sure if they have the backing to spend big continually to stay up. Swans now understand that. The task is too big for a local spender unless there are huge support and a good manager with lot of luck.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

OK guys - first game of the season for us and I've just looked in on B365 to see the lie of the land.

They've got Bournemouth at odds on to win this one and we're offered at 15/4 against.

Bollocks to it - £20 on the nose for a City win (it'll probably be a draw now <doh>)

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Given all the changes to playing staff, some very late in the day, it comes down to how quickly they settle as a team. Our for permanent signings have had a full pre season. Only the two loanees need to settle in.

Think it'll be tough for all of us.

FrankfurterBlue likes this.