1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Josh Pritchard

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by BSG, Jun 17, 2014.

1. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Has just announced on Twitter he has signed for us...

Midfielder, Welsh U21, no details about the deal...

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Signed a two year deal, sounds a good player. Scored in the Europe League against Turkish premier side Besiktas. Sounds another good signing, well done PT!

3. ckgills

ckgills New Member

Boooooooom!!!

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Taylor deserves a lot of praise. Signing both Loft and Pritchard is great business.
    I remember seeing Pritchard play in the Fulham under 21s and I thought he was solid. Great passer of the ball and he looked like he would break through for them. Never thought he would end up a gills player. I do remember him playing for Tromso as well and he was a stand out player for them against Tottenham.
    He looked class for them and it is amazing we are signing someone with that type of experience. I remember him playing for Wales Under 21s against England and I am sure on the day he was one of about 3 who played very well for Wales even though they lost so overall very excited that we have signed him.

5. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Taylor has highlighted that Pritchard has the ability to play deep, so it appears we now have our holding midfielder role fulfilled, competition with Linganzi. Midfield is looking healthy, we now need a striker.

6. brb

brb Guest

and a cb

7. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Very happy with this signing and do like the way that taylor is going for players that other clubs and us as fans might not have thought about (anyone think we would sign either Morris?). Good deal to get this lad as clearly has a lot of potential, just need another striker and centre half then I think were pretty much there, maybe another few trialists that impress.

8. SirKeefy

SirKeefy Member

Sounds a very promising player. Hope he lives up to expectations and enjoys his stay with us.

With regards a Centre Back. We are all assuming we will get one in, and I hope so. But seeing as we still have Leon & Adam here, plus McKain & Davies. We now have Aaron Morris and Josh Pritchard who have CB duties on their CV's. Is it possible/probable that we will now go with what we've got?

9. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

I'm not entirely sure how keen Taylor is on using Adam Barrett for every game. He praised Legge towards the end of last season but doesn't appear to enjoy pairing him with a younger CB partner. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another man unless we see Morris as a long term 1st team CB.