1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jose turning on fans

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Oct 31, 2017.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Jose always has an agenda, so what are his comments about re the Tottenham match on Saturday regarding Romelu Lukaku.

"I would like the supporters to explain to me why they don't support him so much because he gives everything and I think it is not fair when scoring the goal or not scoring the goal [he] makes the whole difference,"

"I don't think it is fair at all. So, I'm a bit disappointed - but not with him. With him [I am] very pleased."

"I really don't understand some reactions why," Mourinho said. "Are they [the fans] Red Devils? Sometimes I don't know because they [Lukaku and Martial] work amazingly well.

Why are matchgoing fans giving Rom and Martial a hard time?

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's talking out of his arse.

The only booing was that Rashford was being taken off. At that point it was nil nil and appeared negative. It turns out it worked but Jose needs to learn when to shut his own mouth, without dictating this to the supporters. He won't last long if he keeps slagging the support, however 'subtly' he thinks he's doing it.

No one has booed Lukaku, ever.

I guess you've been listening to Alan pissed up ****wit Brazil on Talk Sport this morning?

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

“The fans are the fans. The fans pay their ticket and they are free to express themselves the way they want,” he said. “My job, when I feel they deserve, is to protect my players and I think Romelu is one of the players that should be untouchable in terms of the respect from everyone.

“It is not one ball that hit the post or one save by the opposition goalkeeper that can make Romelu’s contribution below the top level. He’s playing extremely well for us and yes I have to protect my players when I feel the players deserve it.

“Romelu always deserves it because what he does for the team is fantastic and playing football for a striker is not just about scoring goals. For me, untouchable in my team and he should also be untouchable in the respect he deserves from the fans.

“I repeat, the fans are the fans, they pay their ticket, they do what they want, but as a manager, I feel the need to protect to my players when I feel they deserve it.”

Looking at Mourinho's full transcript, I don't think his comments were completely out of line, Chief. Nor do I think he was slagging off the fans. He was asked the question by the press and I thought his answer was pretty honest. As for booing because it was nil nil and Rashford coming off, why boo at all would be my question?

As for the title of the thread; it is grossly inappropriate! He specifically said that the fans are very entitled to their perspective because they earned that right. How is that turning on the fans? Roy Keane certainly said worse things about the fans.

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

He just thinks the squad need a bit of an arm around them at the minute - these statements to the press help him generate the 'us v them' siege mentality - usually works

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Because it was nil nil and the most potent threat on the pitch was being taken off?

As it turns out, his replacement scored the winner so it turned out ok but my general feeling is that the crowd would like an additional forward being put on the pitch when we are trying to win a game, not a like for like replacement.

The press has taken whatever angle suits its story, and it is bollocks. That said, Jose should keep the support on side. It is the press and only the press he should have a siege mentality towards.

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

100% correct.

Mourinho has form for spinning any kind of BS he can if he thinks it will help. He defends his players to the hilt and builds them up at any opportunity.

When he was at Porto he insisted Deco was the best player in the world and would brook no criticism, as soon as he moved to Chelsea it was Fat Frank. On to Inter and Zlatan was better than Ronaldo, then to Real where Ronaldo's every breath should be unconditionally worshipped.

Now he's at Utd and trying the same with Lukaku. Credit to him, he seems to know which players will respond well to it, and now the media (and the curtain twitchers of course) are running around in a flap trying to work out what the comments are about. In the meantime he's distracted everyone from the fact Lukaku is struggling a bit at the moment and hasn't scored in a month.

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I dunno - Mourinho has shown time and time again he cares little about supporters, it's only the players he is focused on. Same as with his eye gouging whilst at Real, he'll cross any line and piss anyone off if he thinks it will help him.

Tbh we've gotten off pretty lightly so far he laid into the Chelsea fans on at least one occasion every season he was there.

Their last title winning season he said they were the worst fans in the league, and it felt like they were playing every game away. Then when the fans started crying, Terry had to tell them Mourinho was only doing it to get a reaction.

It's not the most dignified way to manage, but it gets results, and ultimately that's all Mourinho is really about. No philosophy, no beauty, just win at any cost.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He's just weighed into your fans for the third time in 4 days!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...uggest-tension-manager-manchester-united-fans
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...urinho-aims-swipe-Manchester-United-fans.html

9. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

OP will be underground til Sunday.

11. Style

Style 'where is the love'

That depends on the result Sunday. Could be in that cave for a while now.

12. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Lukaku has never been booed. Neither was Martial being booed. The only decision being booed was the decision to take Rashford off, who is probably the most popular player among our fans.

Mourinho has put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 in this instance, he's obviously got it into his head that the fans wanted Lukaku off rather than Rashford, which is a big assumption.

We've been used to Fergie taking off a defender and putting a striker on, so that's probably what the fans wanted to happen. I don't think it was in anyway aimed at either Lukaku or Martial.

Only player I think has been genuinely booed at OT in recent years has been Fellaini, and it was never something I agreed with. You don't boo players from your own team. Thankfully Fellaini seems to have won the respect of the fans with his performances improving alot over the last year.

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

Conte being slated by Chelsea fans.

They’re an ungrateful, disloyal lot.

Will the penny ever drop that it’s usually Abramovich and his sycophants, not the manager, who is at fault?

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Maybe Jose should read this;

FB_IMG_1509527055274.jpg

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME likes this.
  15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Mourinho is grating on me this season and it's nothing to do with his tactics, he's one miserable bastard isn't he? At the biggest club in the world he finds a way to be utterly miserable in every sense.

Nobody boos Rom, Rashford or anybody, I've heard nothing since Fellaini in fact and that was only a few.

Having said that MUST do not speak on my behalf, they can get ****ed equally, pack of gimps.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The biggest thing that bugs me is he's an ignorant ****er. Needlessly miserable and ignorant with it.

I don't care whether it's what he does, I stand by what I said earlier in this thread.

He's making a mistake creating a pointless, needless, argument with the crowd. The crowd who aren't on his (yet), Lukaku, Martial or at one else's back.

It won't last, Jose won't win that fight as it's pretty obvious he'll flounce off somewhere else soon enough so why would we back him?

Skylarker and Bwood_Ranger like this.
  17. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Ancelotti is available :biggrin:

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It's impossible to disagree with these two quotes which itself is sad. I don't even mind what was said about the boos and and sht, the PSG story is just fkin idiotic. Mourinho is an emotional fella that tends to speak with his mouth rather than his head. I don't buy the fact that he's calculated and knows what he's doing. It would be better for him to be dignified when speaking in public and just give less off topic opinions. This ain't Chelsea FC!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

8 comments on your match day thread from the biggest fan base in the world.

You must have one Big cave!

I suppose when you haven’t crossed the halfway line at the Bridge for 15 seasons (unless we are down to 9 men) it is best place to be

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Come on man, give em a break!
    Having been managed by Jose twice, we know exactly how it is to have him manage us away against big teams.
    #parkthebus

Still a long way to go for the rest of the season.