1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jose says you're all stupid

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Bodinki, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think he should be made to get fit or United should sue him for breach of contract personally.
    He cost you guys £30m and god knows how much in wages, if he isn't able to perform the duty for which he is contracted, then at the very least he should be let go.
    Thing is, could United recoup the fee they paid for him? Probably! The way the market is now, and Shaw is English too. Sell him to someone like Everton or something.

2. gav81

gav81 Active Member

It's not currently a fitness issue, is it? Mourinho has questioned Shaw's brain, ability to follow instructions, his whole defensive ability, in public. The lad is only 22 years old, it must be crushing for him. Whether Mourinho is technically correct or not, I don't think repeated public criticism is the way to get the best from a player.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  3. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Ok if he doesn't fancy the player, put him on the transfer list, to publicly humiliate a young lad at every opportunity is unprofessional and is typical of the man. He lacks any semblance of class, just look how he dealt with the Chelsea woman physio. I can spot a bully when I see one.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aye, you are right really.

If you think the kid aint pulling his weight, tell him so, and tell him if he doesnt sort it, he is going.
    If he doesnt sort it, transfer him.
    Mouthing off to the press is not the answer.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You're welcome to Shaw back mate, he can waste his career and other people's money back where he started, no problem.

6. Saints_Alive

That's not really my point, but we would deal with him better than you have certainly.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

It was too early for him to move anyway.
    He should have stayed at Saints for a couple more seasons.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No, your point is that United are wrecking Shaw's career. Is it not?

Which they are not . He's massively contributing to his own downfall and I assume that, having given him various opportunities during the last couple of years, Mourinho's final throw of the dice is to have a go at him in public.

Nothing else has worked after all. So tell me, is the alternative for United to simply allow him to pick up his salary and eat pies and just accept that, until he leaves on a free to steal his living elsewhere?

Shaw is exasperating. Lazy and as thick as ****, clearly.

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Saints_Alive

I hope he goes to Spuds tbh, he will get better treatment from a proper coach.

bulletinthehead likes this.
  10. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

There is clearly something not quite right with the lad. Some saints posters here said that he had already given hints of disciplinary and training problems even before his transfer to United. A player has to play to a team’s instructions and those are given by the manager, whether they like it or not, players follow team orders. Without those, they wil be chaos. United cannot simply players who leave huge defensive gaps.

11. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

And you know this to be fact as opposed to journo fodder because .......

12. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Which part?

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

To be fair I can see how it must be frustrating as he clearly doesn't seem to put the effort off the pitch though a lot of that comes down to maturity, mental illness etc. He certainly moved on too quickly.

I see no point in berating him constantly though, it's not going to work out clearly so just leave him out the side and move him on in the Summer is probably best for all parties.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Maybe Jose sees a player in there somewhere and is doing his best to bring it out, why give up on someone if you feel they can make it?
    Shock therapy can be quite useful sometimes with the hardest cases.

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

If someone is suffering from mental illness/depression then constantly berating them isn't likely to help if we're honest.

Also if what we read is true then Shaw/his representatives are seething about the most recent one.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If that's the case it should have been noticed at Southampton since his old coach said he was exactly the same there and it frustrated the **** out of him.
    He is a lazy twat who thinks he has made the big time but is not prepared to put the work in to stay there.

17. Libby

Libby 9-0

The move was certainly too soon for him and he wasn't prepared for it maturity wise, not just the playing for a big club aspect of it but the lifestyle change of moving up North, living on his own etc. He apparently moved a few mates up with him as he was so not ready for it.

Maybe it was noticed at Southampton? Maybe it's got worse with living up North and missing family and so on? Don't really see what relevance that has to the point that if he suffers from those sorts of conditions then constantly berating him in public is hardly likely to help.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not sure the move or the size of the club hurt him, he was superb until he got injured. Now he just never seems to get in shape for the game, I suspect he got used to being paid for doing nothing and can't see the point of putting effort in now.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'd suspect you're almost certainly wrong as it's relatively common knowledge down here that he is very weak mentally and struggles with all the stress and the like. He's also very homesick for family etc.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Then he is in the wrong job.

glazerfodder likes this.