1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Join me on the fence for TeamGB..

Discussion in 'Wales' started by The Bennifactor, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

prove this point, otherwise you're just speculating and scaremongering.

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Swamp,

If you believe the garbage spouted out my FIFA so be it. Me and plenty others don't.

3. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Swamp

Sepp Blatter made a statement at a FIFA meeting in Cardiff in May 2010 which was broadcast on ITV Wales news stating quite categorically and these are his words not mine

" the home nations would be better not bringing this up all the time(a written letter from FIFA saying that they would never try to put the home nations into one team) it is better they play the England team in the olympics, otherwise they (scotland,wales and northern ireland may put themselves in danger"

Now this was broadcast to the whole nation, what more proof do you need

Now the only letter that has been sent by FIFA regarding this issue is a letter sent to Richard Caborn( Minister for media,culture and sport) in the last labour government and it was sent by a FIFA secretary, the home nations are yet to recieve confirmation by FIFA

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

if thats the case then that is a direct contradiction to the bbc story broken in around may which i posted earlier on this thread saying that there would be no chance of the teams being merged in to team GB.

who do i believe, sepp blatter in 2010 or sepp blatter in 2011?

why cant they come out and say categorically that scotland, wales and northern ireland arent in danger if they participate as part of team GB? they havent (or have, if the 2011 bbc story is to believed) so far, and what happens because of this? you get speculation and uncertainty which helps no one, what a farce this is becoming <ok>

5. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

It will depend on who he is talking to, Sepp Blatter has consistantly since 2005 said one thing and a few months later said the complete opposite, now do you trust this man when he says "the home nations are safe on my watch" personally i don't

6. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Swamp

if they came out and said the truth we would need to be very wary, now the real story here has nothing to do with the olympics, it is all about the Afrcan and carribean fa's looking to dilute the power the home nations have, we that is england,scotland,wales and n ireland control all the major committees at FIFA and that includes the laws of the game, at the moment if the british nations dont want the laws changed because of the votes we have, they dont get changed, and the african and carribean(you may have heard of Jack Warner) nations want more power, so the way to do it is make the british plat as one nation, they will then cut up the votes between them and be a major power broker at FIFA, they have been trying to do it for years.

The thing is everybody thinks it about the london olympics, its not , once we play as one, we will set a new precedent and FIFA could force a vote to make Team GB a permanent fixture, now the above is from Mr David Taylor ex FIFA vice president(Scottish Football Association) a man on the inside you could say, and it is he that has advised the home nations to stick to their guns

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Ive heard the term little Englanders so whats the term for the little bloke syndrome on here.

Fully behind Ramsay and Bale. Hope they get selected and do Wales proud.

Go for it lads and dont get bullied with those with chips on their shoulders.

Do people think that the English FA would allow their National team to be put at risk. Zero chance of that happening. Get a grip FFS.

You dont have to support the team. Ive no real interest in a team GB. But these lads have the right to play without their loyalties being questioned.

8. dickydykie

dickydykie Member

NOOOOOO....my point is FIFA can screw the 'home nations' irrespective of whether a Team GB is entered into the Olympics

9. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Dicky

Thats a fair point

10. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

if england put their players forwards for this team GB, then as hilts says arent they under the same threats as we are, and as they do not fear losing independance why should we? i'm confused..

11. ealing_ayatollah

Agreed. Think about this the reason FIFA and the FA are at loggerheads is because they are both very powerful organisations. Now granted the FAW couldn't take on FIFA if they tried but there is no way in hell the FA would lose their own independence so comments about 'poor little Wales' are moot.

Mabon, see your Passion and its commendable but you'd really turn away our two most talented players because of their desire to play at the highest level they can when the opportunity arises? Why should personal ambition and national pride be mutually exclusive?

12. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Well i am all for a team GB. I also think that between the 4 home countries we are big enough to stand up against Blatter, if that fails revert to the age old remedy that does work, a good dose of brown envelopes handed around.