1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Joey Barton: Taking the p**s or what?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Apr 26, 2017.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39720232

So, Joey gets a £30k fine and an 18 month ban for breaking FA rules on betting on matches. He is planning to appeal against the length of the ban.

Now he didn't break the rules once, twice or three times but one thousand, two hundred and sixty times over a 10 year period.

I'm not judging on whether or not the rules are correct although it is fundamental that players can't bet on matches, particularly if they are involved in them. However, Joey has had this coming for all sorts of issues over the years. He is a serial offender in many ways. His apparent addiction to gambling has not helped.

On his day he has been a very useful footballer and there have been positive comments about him signing for us in the past. However, surely his day is now over and he should walk off into the sunset with whatever grace he can save.

Saying this has effectively ended his career is like a bank robber saying the same thing having been given a 5 year stretch once caught.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on him next being caught up in some sort of criminal activity and doing his time in other ways.

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

the fa are gutless but love taking in people`s money from fines.......his ban should have been for life but im not one 2 cast stones because im not a man without sins.....addiction is an issue if it becomes the be all and end all of things we live for.............I love my weed but I wouldn't say I couldn't go without it if needed>>>>>but I enjoy it so much so hardly ever go a day without it>>>>>apart from silly holiday destinations my family pick where weed is a no no or at least not available im on it nearly 24/7 take away sleep time>>>so about 22 hours smoking <laugh>