1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joey Barton has a rant at QPR ‘consumers’ after booing v Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Dec 29, 2014.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Joey Barton has a rant at QPR ‘consumers’ after booing v Crystal Palace

please log in to view this image

Joey Barton doesn’t beat around the bush; when he has something to say, he says it.
    So after hearing the QPR fans booing during and after the 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace today, he had a bit of a rant at these ‘consumers’ on Twitter.
    Joey says he respects their right to boo, but that in his opinion, it doesn’t help the team, and that the QPR fans should remember where they’ve come from.
    Barton reminded them that they spent two years out of the top flight, and are now reasonably comfortable in 15th, so tried to put things into perspective fir these fans he considers ‘consumers’.

Busy Being Headhunted likes this.
  2. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

3. Swords Hoopster.

What's wrong with this FU*KING Site? :headbang:

4. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Joey trying to rationalise his actions just makes him more infuriatingly ignorant.

People should remember where they came from? What, normal families on moderate wages as an average.

They have the right to complain but he'll ignore these consumers? In the real world, you wouldn't get customer service staff saying that they won't listen to bad comments because it doesn't help them. I couldn't go into a performance review and refuse to accept negative feedback because it might affect my confidence.

Yes, these people are customers insofar as they pay your wages. The booing (whether I agree with it or not) is not just about a nil-nil result.

Oh, and we spent a year out of the top flight and our position is anything but comfortable.

For a self-styled intellectual, he does come out with some mindless drivel sometimes.

Chair Nob'll Fallout likes this.
  5. Swords Hoopster.

He's one useless cu*t. Can't pass a ball five yards yet he's on Twitter complaining.

And how is two points off second bottom "reasonably comfortable"?

Busy Being Headhunted likes this.
  6. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

Your right swordy
    We are in relegation trouble and have to pick up lots of points away from home before the season is over.
    Barton talks bo11ocks

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. sku

sku Well-Known Member

I read the Twitter exchange between Danny Baker and Joey Barton as it was evolving last night. It started with Joey Barton's observation that he and the players were surprised at the reaction at the final whistle.

Danny Baker drew him into a discussion on a subject matter that he forever opines; his observation being that everyone else at a football match is paid to be there, the exception being the supporters - who pay to be there.

'It's football; you can say what you like' - is often his mantra on his VSOP show with Danny Kelly.

Ironic in that this was a discussion with a lot of keen and technically crafted endeavour from both sides, but ultimately was as fruitless and prosaic as the football earlier.

As Danny Baker often observes; it was 'like two bald men fighting over a comb!' <laugh>

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Entitled to his opinion. From now on I'll just be concerning myself with genuine football players though, not parasitic, talentless jobsworths.

9. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Must admit, from l've read on here and in the papers this year, Barton hasn't actually been setting the world alight......... or has he?

If only they had performance based contracts.
    Us, the scrapes of society, must perform at our jobs on a daily biases. Footballers can throw in a 'good one' every couple of games to keep their spot.
    We don't have that luxury.

Wow, another rant ........ that's two tonight!
    I'm on fire.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Booing the team seems totally over the top given our home record up to yesterday. Counter-productive. Remember We R Together.

11. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Barton is at our club and still people are outraged at him. He is simply a wonderful runner but that's where is has always stopped for me. He has never been a good footballer IMO
    I thought yesterday however a few of his dead balls were a marked improvement on his usual standard … his passing in the match other than that was again on a different wave length to the rest of the team and IMO he is the square peg. I am beginning to wonder why he is not tried as a left or right back at this stage of his career as he can certainly cover the ground and has a great none shall pass attitude … at pace also he may find his blind crosses would work well with people running onto them … but to play him in a position of influence as the playmaker is daft.

He could be a new version of Mark Dennis if that is a good thing at all

12. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

+1

Not a good overall team performance, but hardly worthy of those fickle fans who feel the need to boo whenever we fail to win

I wonder how many of those booing have actually followed the Rs up and down the country this season

13. sku

sku Well-Known Member

As ever, Joey Barton is singled out; and called out for being fed up at being boo-d off the field.

Clint Hill made as many mistakes; and as for his leg breaker - I'd suspect some of our own would be pushing for a 10 match ban, had it been a different pair of boots - with rainbow laces - flying into the tackle.

Step back from it all, and Joey Barton has a valid point. We're no Real Madrid, but the football has been light years ahead of last year's prosaic 1-0 victories.

Go back just one home match and you'll find the same team rallied from a two goal deficit with a great performance roared on by the same supporters who believed on that day.

Last six home matches WDWWWD - 14 points from 18. The facts say it all.

Perhaps we just have a few fickle supporters with very short memories.

14. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the reaction was due to the fact that everyone knows the importance of winning our home games with our away form being so poor.
    If, and when we don't win at home the fans show their frustration by booing. Don't agree with it personally, but can understand it.

15. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I think it's this along with the number of short passes that are just misplaced. I just cannot imagine there's one other team in this league that makes so many passes to opponents in space (ie not just slightly off target).

16. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I agree, it's a venting of built-up frustration at the pathetic away performances. A criticism of the manager more than the players.

17. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Totally agree with Barton. A poor performance but booing not necessary after last few home games. Arry should have rested Austin against Arsenal and played Taarabt, SWP etc. Spurs/UTD were both knackered yday and was apparently awful but there fans did not boo!!!!

18. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Active Member

Whilst I agree booing is counterproductive, I think Barton's got a nerve to criticise the fans after such a poor performance, from both himself and the team. As someone mentioned, we aren't winning any away games, so these home games are vitally important to us.
    And if you perform well the "fickle" fans won't boo, simple as that.

19. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Barton is a despicable, unintelligent, facetious count, but you know what makes it worse?
    The way the Media whores itself at his feet.

20. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

The media love him because he's controversial and gives them something to talk about