1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jock Football RIP

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by TC (Lovely Geezer), Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

<doh>

Aye right enough i've been done up like a kipper destroying your random deluded arguments on matters which you appeared to be truly ignorant.

Good one. <ok>

2. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Is this guy for real?

3. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

The only thing you Jocks are capable of taking the piss out of is your mattresses <laugh>

4. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

I'm so sowwy for my wudeness.

Anyway, who's self-pitying? Tired resignation more like. Scottish football is crap, at an all-time low. It's been discussed at length on other threads if you'd care to check.

Meanwhile, TC is free to think his fantastically brilliant wind-up (the originality of which is unsurpassed) has been terribly successful. I'm happy for him. <ok>

5. costablanca cockney hoop

apart from the piss takes here, serious questions have to be asked.

ive read a lot of comments from Scots fans blaming the EPL for the demise of Scottish football. fair enough, Scottish clubs cannot compete with EPL transfer fees and wages ( or La Liga for that matter ),HOWEVER they should be more than comfortable competing with the Slovenians and the Swiss.

one off games will always throw a spanner in the works, but it has to be said that Celtic and Rangers have struggled for a few years now against lesser opposition.

why is this?

6. Admiral Pure

What?!?! <laugh><laugh>

That literally makes no sense you absolute ****wit.

7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I'm sure one of the grown-ups will explain it to you <laugh>

8. costablanca cockney hoop

dont be sorry for your rudeness, its probably due to your upbringing.

9. Admiral Pure

I don't really think (this year aside) Celtic or Rangers have struggled against lesser opposition that much tbh. Obviously we've had a few shockers (kaunas, artmedia) but on the whole over the past ten years we've previously done better than perhaps SPL sides should expect. Reality is kicking in - our budget is less. Championship sides can outbid us, and can offer bigger wages. We can't run at a loss - Rangers were in danger of going bankrupt with debts of less than 30M. To put that in context, the combined debt of the EPL is 3.5billion.

10. Admiral Pure

More than likely <ok>

How about you trying oh comedy genius? <laugh>

I'm confused. Don't us ginger alkies piss into the mattress not take it out?

11. costablanca cockney hoop

yes, i understand all that, you cannot compete against EPL/championship teams. i am no expert on this but i would guess that Celtic and Rangers have more money to spend on transfer fees and wages than some club in Switzerland or Slovenia.

also you have more appeal for players to sign for you than the aforementiond countries/clubs. people have heard of you.

ive got to be honest here, i had never heard of Sion, or the other lot ( cant even remember their name ) before last week.

12. TC (Lovely Geezer)

That's because their only previous TV exposure was as anagrams on Countdown.

13. costablanca cockney hoop

well that says something in itself doesnt it, if i didnt know any better i would believe you. (if that makes any sense of course )

14. Admiral Pure

We should have beaten Sion. A poor first leg performance (when we should still have won but passed up too many easy chances) followed by going down to 10 men and 1-0 down in the first minute in the second leg. That's why we lost.

Rangers apparently should have gubbed Maribor last night. 17 shots on target but only one goal tells you it's own story.

So, we both had off nights.

Shouldn't EPL QPR have beaten league 1 minnows Rochdale? To be honest, I don't even know where Rochdale is.

15. costablanca cockney hoop

hang on a minute. you are Celtic, a big club with a big history playing an important European match. the same can be said for Rangers.

you guys like to tell the world ( and rightly so ) just who you are.

we are QPR, fighting our first season back in the premier league for 15 years, playing a no nothing game ( carling what? ).

weve got bigger fish to fry bud.

if European games arent important to Celtic, please tell me what games are?

16. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Go and pay seventy pounds to watch your rubbish qpr v Wigan !!!! Stick to my Scottish football thank you very much

17. costablanca cockney hoop

so thats what its come down to is it?

maybe old firm fans should quieten down a bit about how great you are? maybe its time to "man up" and do something about it. once again prove to the world just how good you are.

i wasnt on here to rip the piss, i think its quite sad to see how the mighty have fallen actually.

i always had a bit of respect for you guys.

oh, and ticket prices have been reviewed at QPR, rightly so now the ingrates have left.

18. Bhoy From Brum

4/5 years ago we beat Man Utd, Milan amongst others and went through to the last 16 of the CL. We never invested money to improve on that belief that we were great & being better than Rangers = automatic qualification for CL every year.

Well Rangers regrouped under a new manager while our team grew a year or two older & lost its legs, needed massive change which cost us big time as we gotthe wrong manager to take over (Mowbray) and the wrong players. Rangers had a settled squad while we had to change the whole team as we had so many in the 30's.

We now have a young manager and young talented team bought on the cheap but have players who could go for a small fortune so some good signs, however, the manager has been abit naive in big games by tinkering with the team, changing formation etc when really we should be playing the normal game against teams like Sion and beating them.

In essence our board will spend a little money to the point they believe we are less **** than Rangers rather than having aspirations to lift a European trophy by investing heavily.

19. Bhoy From Brum

Also another point - in that 5 years since we beat Man Utd we have earned approx £5m from TV & Man Utd have earned £250m!

We sell alot of merchandise around the world, alot of season tickets but we get £1m approx a year tv while a team just promoted to the PL gets £50m approx, so as you can seeits hard to sign good players when alot are money orientated and would rather join a PL side and battle relegation rather than potentially earn less but win some medals.

<ok>

20. costablanca cockney hoop

and that in itself is sad.

look, i support, and have always supported a small, unfashionable club. we now have a chance at EPL stability ( its a long shot, but who knows? ) however, since the "rats" have been chased out we may, for the first time in years, have a shot at the big time.

its easy to say when you have wealthy owners, invest in your future. but Celtic in particular ( correct me if im wrong ) have money behind them. they could be great again ( as could Rangers with the right backing ).

im not down on you guys, it just seems a shame to see two big clubs struggle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.