1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jimmy Bullard / Charlie Austin / Jason Scotland

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfc1983, Jan 27, 2011.

1. itfc1983

itfc1983 New Member

As you can tell by the title, a fair bit has been happening at PR over the past 24 hours...

First off - Jimmy Bullard, in my opion, a great loan signing, brings experience but also a risk of injury, hopefully he can help some of our younger players to develop.

Next - Charlie Austin, if we can pull this off I think it will be a real coup, only 21 and bags of potential, a fee of around £2m is good as it shows intent by Evans to back Jewell.

Finally - Jason Scotland, I think he has done reasonably well at PR but if we are getting Austin then it won't be too bad if he goes to Swansea.

COYB!

2. FBI

FBI Member

(Never did get round to registering on the original 606 - lurked for years though)

Bullard - On the face of it I'm quite pleased, but am now also starting to worry. I lived in Hull for eight years and a lot of my Hullie mates have been texting me saying 'thanks' for taking him off their hands, a bit like the way Argyle fans were about Fallon. I know he's a good player on his day but I can't help having doubts which, I hope, are proved wrong.

Austin - sounds exciting but can't say I know any more than what I've read so far. Just a shame we couldn't have got Ryan Harley from Exeter - he was a standout player against us earlier in the season.

Scotland - Hmm, not bothered if he goes: he always seems a bit disinterested and not really part of the team somehow.

3. e18

e18 Member

Jimmy will help the young lads to have a good night out.

4. doveston

doveston Active Member

5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Seriously, thanks for taking Jimmy. You won't find many Hull fans sorry to see him go, even us still paying 60% of his wages is fine with us.

He could have, and should have, been awesome but he just cant be arsed. Sadly I think its game over for him, but honestly, I hope he does ok for you before he's inevitably injured again, or just gives up again. Your local bars will see a massive increase in takings too!

Good luck for the season, apart from playing us of course :)

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't let him anywhere near your younger players, he's got a couple of ours in bother, he prefers night clubs to football clubs.

If he can be arsed, he's great to watch, unfortunately he can't usually be arsed, at least not for us.

Good luck anyway, we hope he plays well for you and we can get rid of him permanently in the summer.

7. dem_on

dem_on Member

Bullard had a couple of decent games for the tigers but that was when he was prepared to fight for the ball and run the show .Now he has totally lost his bottle due to the latest run of injuries and a desire to keep up his nightclubbing image.One decent tackle on him and he will not even want the ball he will just become a liability wherever he plays. I can't see him even lasting out the remainder of the season.

8. The Feather Pluckers Club

Bullard - costly (perhaps money could have been better invested in Austin) but classy player when fit + his personality should liven things up after RK's gloom-laden era.

Austin - pity he didn't join us but based on comments of some Swindon fans he's a big head & a bit of a bad boy!

Scotland - natural goal poacher who we should definitely keep imo but needs better service from midfield (Bullard!) and needs to get b----y fit

Ryan Harley - couldn't agree more. Last I heard Swansea had offered Exeter 300k for him. Fine young player based on how he played against us earlier this season.

9. distractored

distractored New Member

Yes, Bullard might help lighten the mood in the dressing room, after the psycopathic iron hand they've had to work under recently

10. geoffrv8

geoffrv8 Member

The word from the Hull City dressing room is that Bullard is a total ar$ehowle! It is said that he has caused total dis-harmony and at least the breakdown of one marriage. He is a party animal and has little desire to train and play the game. Many thanks Ipswitch and may I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the season!