1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jens Lehmann,what a knob jockey !!!

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Topgun

Topgun Member

City do put allot of people behind the ball and try and keep possession with sideways and backwards passes. They invite teams to attack, and when they over commit they hit them on the counter. Thats how they score lots of goals but it is a boring style.

They dont do it every game though depends how good the opposition is.

2. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

So we keep possession and over stretch the opposition then attack and you class that as boring.
    please log in to view this image

3. Father_Jack_Hackett

I never make predictions as they often come back to bite you on the arse.

What do you think?

4. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

RVP wouldn't go to you, he has morals and a love for Arsenal that the Sheikh's money can't buy. We only sold you players we didn't want. Nasri had a good half a season for us, the thing is, the way YOU play Nasri he looks pants, the way WE played Nasri he looked the nuts. This goes for many ex Arsenal players, they left us and went downhill.

Money doesn't buy class.

Banter aside .. I do like Roberto Mancini and I honestly can't say I am bothered about City's money, the more your lot upset that po-faced knobber Ferguson the better I will feel lol.

5. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Got to love all the excuses being trotted out about this being City's first time in CL and so on. Last time I checked this was also Napoli's first time in the CL and they coped fine. Also what about Spurs last season? Sooner or later people will clock on to the fact that Mancini is simply not very good in Europe.

6. Father_Jack_Hackett

He is improving all the time and lets be honest who wouldn't look "pants" (as you put it) when Silva is on the pitch.

It buys class players.

We finally agree on something. <laugh>

7. Father_Jack_Hackett

As i said if you read the Newcastle vs City thread you will find hundreds of posts and hardly any were negative, as for being despised It must be a bitch for the bitters to keep looking at the top of the table and seeing us there and dealing with the fact you have no chance of catching us, the season will end with the two Manchester clubs Chelsea and one other in the top 4 i have a feeling the one other will not be you.

8. marbella blue

marbella blue Member

Hopefully very well thanks, but as City fans our expectations are not as high as all the other sites who seem to have given us the league already! We will be happy with anything we get, as always. Thanks again for asking now off to bed and be a good boy, Santa's watching!

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

I edited that post and replaced the record with -

As i said if you read the Newcastle vs City thread you will find hundreds of posts and hardly any were negative, as for being despised It must be a bitch for the bitters to keep looking at the top of the table and seeing us there and dealing with the fact you have no chance of catching us, the season will end with the two Manchester clubs Chelsea and one other in the top 4 i have a feeling the one other will not be you.

10. Father_Jack_Hackett

You wont be thinking that next season.

11. Father_Jack_Hackett

As you said above we were a mid table club and the way things looked would always be that way, i hated seeing the top 4 playing in the CL knowing we would probably never be able to do likewise, we now can and i am loving every minute of it and i havent seen a post in any forum where a single Manchester city fan has said he wants to go back to the "good old days" of mid table mediocrity!
    As for the players coming through if our owners couldn't care less about this why are they going to spend millions on the 80-acre Etihad Academy?

12. Father_Jack_Hackett

That is a fair comment and if the money had gone to another mid table club i would be saying the same but it didn't and we now have a chance to break up the old monopoly at the top of the PL and maybe even take the title this season, you wont find many City fans who would swap this for what went before.

13. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Online discussions rarely bring out the honesty in a set of fans because as soon as a rival fan says anything that is deemed "negative" (even if honest) then you get called bitter and immature insults start.

Few days a go i got into a discussion with a City fan and during that discussion out of nowere he talked about city playing boring football, effective but the core of the team is workman like with talented individuals but they aren't exciting.

He also told me that at city the atmosphere is pretty pathetic due to the nature of the new fans that have started to "support" your club and often there are songs sang such as "where were you when we was sh-t".

Also the other concern he had was your defence as Clichy, Hart, Lescott, Richards & kompany make mistakes when put under pressure but due to citys form this season then your attack and overall play has taken away any defensive worries.

Now as a spurs fan myself I'm sat here proud of my team, especially as we started the season getting thumped twice and have gone on a great run since we managed to get our full strength team together and I'll be honest in saying I find your manager incredibly boring and if city walk this league then i'll be disappointed for football in this league as imo it sends out the wrong message.

However, that is an opinion I'm allowed to have without being bitter as I wouldn't want to be in citys position.

I love the fact spurs have a ground which creates a great atmosphere, we have an exciting young (ish) team, and we could lose any of our stars players at any time, but we have great team spirit, a wage structure, well run club and could be classed as being biased here but over the past 11 games we have played the best football in the league.

It will be interesting to see how City cope with the new rule from next year, in which clubs have to break even as it will be great for this league if you have around 6 clubs that can fight for the title, all have a healthy transfer fund (but not ridiculous) as it will make the league more healthy.

14. Father_Jack_Hackett

15. Father_Jack_Hackett

Believe me i cannot remember a more exciting time being a city fan, happy days.

16. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Wow!

17. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

City have the best fans in the league. The original ones anyway.

18. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

To the Yid who posted - The Boss I think, cracking post bloke !! I've said it before but Spurs fans are proper fans !!!! As disgusting as it sounds .. I speak the truth. They haven't done jack in comparison to Arsenal but they are always there, giving it the bigun and now they look to be in a fantastic position it is reward to the faithful. This is what being a fan is about, its not just about winning, it is about loving your club and what your club represents - whether you 'have' .... or 'have nothing'.

This is also why I say a proper Arsenal fan should NEVER want Spurs to be relegated because, the best 2 games of the season are Arsenal V Spurs and Spurs V Arsenal. It seems only those brought up in North London understand this rivalry.

19. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

As much as I like the NLD (North London born & bred), I would still rather see the Spuds go into administration and never see one again.

20. Devlin

Devlin Member

So we develop youth players but you say "don't bother, just buy them at any price"

But when the subject turns to the FFP rules it becomes "haha you can't buy players any more"

Realise that YOU are bitter. Not everyone and not for having a "negative" opinion or criticism of the club. But because you are bitter and no matter what the subject you hate it.

Also what kid is going to want to play for City? Dunno mate, worst case scenario i guess they could do a Nasri and use us as a stepping stone. Wouldn't mind it personally since if we get in a big transfer fee from it then it goes some way to paying for the whole youth set up. But i think it would be silly to think 12-18 year old boys are going to do themselves out of a place at a football club because of some politic's bull about clubs and money. Alot of youths play for the rivals of the team they support at young ages!

But its not like your here for discussion so WUM away.