1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JCH SOLD to Peterborough

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It might help us to get a new ground, which is where fulfilling any ambition starts.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Good point but then that means none of the funds from his sale will go on any replacements??

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We actually looked quite good in the friendly vs Cardiff in that 140 minute game. But it showed big time that we massively lacked something up front. Ayunga huffed and puffed a lot. It will take him time to find his feet but he seems really up for it. I just hope the fans don't get on his back straight away like they did with Nichols.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Peterborough Manager has said JCH needs to get fit and is now where near the clubs fitness level

Lovely comment on bristolrovers hashtag on twitter by ian@superposh7 paying £1.25 m is like walking out of Aldiafter splashing out £100 on a bottle of wine

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Ayunga will probably do well, just like a lot of other players who step up from the lower leagues. I'm sure he'll get 20 goals.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  6. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I tend to agree - he sounds keen as mustard and anxious to get going. I feel that given the opportunities (and now JCH has gone to chase the big bucks, he almost certainly will), he could well prove to be a revelation for us. As long as he doesn't try too hard to impress, I think he will be fine and I also, would not be surprised to see him score plenty of goals. A lot will depend on who, if anyone, is brought in as replacement for JCH.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well he is the only fit striker in the first team as Daly seems to be injured again as been missing from last 2 games.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I thought this was interesting from our CEO....

Just before the start of the season we received a series of offers from Peterborough United for the services of JCH. We did not want to sell the player. Goals are always hard to replace and Jonno achieved a high strike rate during his time with us. However, after pushing back on several bids we finally achieved a valuation for the player which we felt was in the best interests of the Club to accept given he turned down an improved and extended contract and his existing deal was in its final year.

So he had turned us down in our latest offer, so I don't blame the club.

Bluebaldee and old timer like this.
  9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

No. nor me, best rid of by the sounds of it and a few bob in the bank to boot !