1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jay Tabb

Discussion in 'Reading' started by King_of_Portman_Rd, Mar 8, 2013.

1. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ipswich fan in peace.

Just wondering what you Royal fans think of the guy?

I've never really followed his career that closely but can appreciate he is a decent player on his day, he comes across as a hard worker and can certainly put in a solid shift box to box for the 90 and his passing and tackling is decent at a basic level...

We could really do with a player who could pick a pass and dictate the play but I doubt Tabb will fill that void.. What do you guys think of him, especially as we have him with a view to a permanent signing

2. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

As an exiled Reading fan living in your fair county, others who have seen him play will be able to give to you a far better view than I can.

But from the little I've seen, and the general views of other fans on RFC forums, he is a hard working dedicated player who will run further in a match than any of your other players, and he'll be missed at Reading, especially when we go down at the end of the season. Personally I think he's been treated shabbily at the club after all his loyal service, and I know I'm not alone in this view.

Some people have said he has struggled in the premiership this season. That may well be so, but no more than the majority of the team, which, at very best, is no more than championship standard.

I thnk you'll like Tabby. He'll probably never be your star player, but he'll give everything to the team.

3. Tilehurstsouthbank

He will go 'Box to box' for you for 90+ minutes, but his end product isn't the best, prompting the chant: 'If Jay Tabb scores, we're on the pitch!' :D
    He's a consumate professional though. He won't upset anyone and he's a rare breed of Footballer that actually has intelligence..