1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Javier Garrido

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Carra_Rud, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

I know he's only played three games for us, but I would sign this boy up permanently in a heartbeat.

Classy, great positioning, superb going forward and tough to beat. I just hope a fee was agreed in the deal that brought him to us, as I think he'll be worth more than we could afford if there wasn't, come the end of the season.

If all of Hughton's signings turn out like him, we will be safe by March.<ok>

2. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

I do think he looks classy but was at spurs and thought he wasn't the best in one on ones with lennon. I also thought they didn't try to attack him too much but when they did get it wide they managed to get a cross in. Haven't seen him otherwise and hopefully he will be brilliant just want to see him a bit more before I decide. His crossing did look class though! And apparently he has a mean free kick on him

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm sure I read it was a season long loan with an option to make it permanent at the end of a year!

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This would be fantastic if it comes to fruition <ok>
    On a separate note, I'm strictly of the hetero persuasion, but if I wasn't, I'd fancy him something rotten <ok> Good looking boy!

5. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

agree. i really, really like him. not in the same way as cromer ;) but he's pretty tasty... again, not in that way cromer ;) but, you know what i mean!

first five minutes i was a bit concerned about him with lennon beating him twice but after that he was magnificent. i suspect when he woke up on sunday morning and got dressed, aaron lennon fell out of his back pocket. same would apply to martin with bale, who i thought was extremely poor <ok>

6. YellowLittle

YellowLittle Well-Known Member

I agree , him and Snodgrass couldn't have settled in any better. Garrido is really intelligent and his desicion making is brilliant, his defensive work often goes unnoticed (which I think is a good thing, he just has brilliant positioning) without their ever being problems down his side. He can whip in a decent cross as well. Fantastic signing. Agree about Russell Martin as well, he has really improved at right back.

7. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I think maybe Yellows and Gorleston Girl would be scratching your eyes out to get to him first <laugh>

8. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

To be fair, Lennon ought to be beating full backs now and again or he doesn't deserve his wages. Just like our Snoddy who does it more regularly.

9. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

An absoutely inspired signing, he was fantastic on saturday and I can only echo everything Carra has said <ok>

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

very true <ok>

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I also agree with this. He was good against QPR but moved on a stage at Spurs. I was impressed by the way he adjusted to Lennon after the early problems and forced Lennon to switch wings. R. Martin also did a great job against both Lennon and Bale. Both players were excellent going forward as well and Garrido's crossing was ellegantly accurate. Well done Mr Chester for finding him! A must buy at the end of the season!

12. gorlestongirl

gorlestongirl Member

You're not wrong Thai; he's is gorgeous, but young enough to be my son, so only the stuff of extreme fantasy. :emoticon-0111-blush Despite that, though, he seems to go about his job with style, without drawing attention to himself. I listened to Goreham's commentary on Saturday, and, after the first 10 minutes or so when Chris was commenting on Lennon's (and Bale's) speed down each wing, Garrido (and Martin) seemed to get the measure of them, and both Garrido and Lennon were hardly mentioned after that.

13. ThaiCanary

I only said it to get you and Yellows to write something - it's been so long since you posted :grin: Welcome back <ok>

14. gorlestongirl

gorlestongirl Member

I've been posting on the Pink Un site; nearest I get these days to participating in an 'extreme sport'!

15. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i feel like you've cheated on us... <wah>

16. ThaiCanary

<laugh> <ok>

17. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

You as well? Just how many of us are there?:emoticon-0153-broke

18. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Errrrrrr, I quite LIKE him as well, but only as a footballer!!!
    Weird this thread!! <yikes>

19. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

sounds like you're nervous about 'coming out' with what you really think... <laugh>

20. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I agree, methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)