1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jason Roberts not playing for contractual reasons

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by RickieLambertsGoldenBoot, Jan 15, 2012.

1. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

SFC fan in peace!

Watching MOTD2 and he has said that he isn't playing for contractual reasons.

I am assuming that this is because he is due some sort of bonus for playing a certain amount if league games.

He said he is ready for a game and always has been training hard ready yet he hasn't been picked.

Said he wants to rescue Blackburn from the bottom of the table and help them move up.

So WHY doesn't he drop the whole bonus/contractual clause thing in order to do his bit for the club (which he claims he wants to help).

Surely that just shows he is more interested in money!

I'm not a WUM but it just baffles me that he can sit there saying he is trying his hardest to play, yet won't drop this contract issue.

Surely if he wants to be a hero he would do that!

All the best for rest of the season!

RLGB

2. Ryan_wfc

Ryan_wfc Member

It may be that Wigan (the team blackburn bought him for) have some sort of clause that would see them get money. I had a quick look on wikipedia and it says Roberts is on 24 goals for blackburn, it wouldn't surprise me that if he scores one more blackburn must pay wigan some money

3. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

he has a part of his contract that automatically renews his contract for the following year if he plays a certain number of games. Hes very close to having hit that number, and blackburn don't want to tie themselves into an expensive year with him if they go down to the championship. Also hes getting on now, so hes probably worrying about retirement funds, hence the stand off.

4. The Blue El Nino

I missed him on MOTD2, but I do enjoy him on radio 5 live. He comes across really well with a great attitude.

5. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

Always scores against Newcastle <devil>