1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JANUARY WINDOW

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Strange one, Drameh linked with Newcastle and Dortmund but actually could be on his way to Luton on loan.

Irishshako likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Yeah so I’m assuming he has been told he will be in the box seat behind Kristensen next season which means Luke isn’t getting a new deal? Doesn’t make sense unless the cash we were offered was pants?

Irishshako likes this.
  3. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Juve need $$$, a big up front payment will see them sell.

4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

If those 2 clubs were genuinely after him, I think it makes perfect sense, if we intend on keeping him, perhaps if he signs a new contract, that will tell us more.

Doc likes this.
  5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Except Ayling in the last few games seems to be first choice ahead of Kristensen.

Jammy 07 and Whitejock like this.
  6. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Gelhardt off to Sunderland on loan ... Drameh to Luton ... good moves, they need to develop

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ben Brereton Diaz has signed a pre-contract agreement with Villarreal and will join the Spanish side at the end of the season. We can finally stop being linked

Marcos Barber likes this.
  8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Shame. Hey there’s still Ryan Kent… if Everton don’t get him.
    ;)

ristac and Leedsoflondon like this.
  9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Weston McKennie Looks like it’s going to happen, reports suggesting he is a replacement for the inconsistent Roca. Personally I would have said a midfield three of Adams, Roca and Weston drop Aaronson

10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I thought Roca was really good against Brentford.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He has had a couple of what I considered poor games but it might have been yourself who said about his off the ball stuff. After focusing in on that against Brentford I agree, he was very good.

I think he is going to be a bit like KP we'll fail to see a lot of the good stuff and notice the mistakes even if they are far and few between, it could just be having Wober behind him and Adams alongside he ticks, without them he suffers a bit, we shall see.

Marcos Barber and NostradEmus like this.
  12. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

He was and so were the rest of the team defensively.

Much more agressive in getting close to the opposition players and therefore not allowing them to turn and get the attacks going.

Marcos Barber and NostradEmus like this.
  13. NostradEmus

He's also started spraying those 30 yard balls out wide too. He'd stopped doing that but to me his passing range is key to how we play. Seems he has gained a bit of confidence again after going through a rough patch.

His main weakness seems to be his fitness. He starts getting a bit sloppy with his marking and passing around the 75 minute mark every game.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  14. NostradEmus

Yeah, it was me. Sounds daft but he reminds me of a poor man's Michael Carrick. A good central holding midfielder who relies on positioning rather than bone crunching tackles with the ability to kick start attacking moves either out wide or threading balls through the middle.

I like him alot. Just a bit lacking physically but with Adams and McKennie (if we get him) I can't see that being an issue.

I still have high hopes for Aaronson next season. He needs to get in the gym and strengthen up. He has the quick feet and intelligence to thrive here once he stops getting bullied.

Marcos Barber and Leedsoflondon like this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think the Roca, Adams partnership has been key to us controlling large parts of quite a few games... i thought he would struggle athletically but the biggest issue i've had with him has been the inconsistency of his passing, he's had some shockers - and I was expecting that to be a strength. He's never going to be a player that stands out, but in general I'm happy enough with him.

Where McKennie would fit in? Open to debate... he can play DM/CM/AM so he gives flexibility and options. If you read reports on him from Italy... strengths, work rate, physicality, strong in the tackle, good mobility, ok ball carrier (but not a dribbler as such), good in the air... and a threat at set pieces. Main weakness: passing.

Given we're not a side that sprays a lot of 40 yard passes and the idea is to move the ball forward quickly, you can see how he may fit the bill - but given the outrage at the amount of times our midfield gives the ball way... that's unlikely to improve with McKennie.

Whitejock and NostradEmus like this.
  16. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Lots of new exciting players coming in Rutter scored 2 goals In 15 matches he should do well in premier , mc kennie was linked to tottenham by an unknown journalist let's hope he can pleasantly surprise , good ridence to llorente he never was upto standard think he is going to Roma at least we will get our fee back that we payed for him ,

ristac likes this.
  17. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Michael, you need to get more sleep. You’ll be hanging doors upside down if you are not more careful :emoticon-0148-yes: I saw you sold 60 your old pc. Your are cunning as a fox, hide the evidence in BroAd DAyligHt ha ha

OLOF, sniffer1 and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  18. BillysStatue

Excellent window ... well done Orta!!!

19. BillysStatue

well at least two of the players I felt Orta should have on his list got over the line ... great to see us signing such quality young talent

20. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Something is wrong with your caps lock ha ha have you tried to get it fixed ? And my names not Michael its Alan with a number 8 on my back LOL ( I'm good at diving headers )
    https://fb.watch/ipMRJtLAwk/?mibextid=2Rb1fB