1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January window!?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Totallyqpr, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

About time we started this, me thinks! (A sticky)
    Opinions and the million speculative articles in the tabloids etc.
    I think that we should get rid of SWP, Phillips, Taarabt and Traore, which leaves four places to be filled.
    What do we need? A RB, LB, a striker and a quality winger who can go past his man and cross the ball.
    RB: ?
    LB: ?
    Striker: ?
    Winger: Andros Townsend.

Thoughts?

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Work out who you are going to axe from the 25 and go from there.

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I think we should offer SWP on a long term contract to Play School at the BBC.
    They are both referred to in the three letter syndrome.
    He can interact with other children and is an ideal backup for Santa at Xmas time.
    He can race around the set, thinking he's on the pitch and everyone will be impressed at how much he does whilst doing squat.
    He can learn how to change a car tyre through attempted conversation with adults.
    He can have valid days off to spend with the family.
    The list is endless ......................

Adel can also apply to the BBC to start his own cooking show.
    It can be set at Heathrow Airport where Adel can chat, eat and smoke some gungja whilst moving from takeaway stall to another.
    Indian one day, Hungry JJacks another, throw in some tabouli and some Nan bread and you have another episode.
    A visit to the duty-free tobacconist for his European shows may proved worthwhile.

Yep, cut free a bit of driftwood and where looking good!

4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From the current 25 we know that Ale is out for the season, SWP should be put out of our misery, Adel can flounce off where he likes, Someone may come in for Traore & Hoilett and Harold may leave Ehmer out on loan......so possibly 6 spaces to be filled. Oh and Ferdinand may retire.......7

Call Robinson back from Huddersfield to cover YSY because as much as I like Clint a LB he is not.......

We need a creative midfielder if Adel & Harold can't push their egos to one side, there again Vargas could be that sort of player........Another striker or 2, I'd go for Gestade at Blackburn plus 1 other........A RB to allow Isla to play further up the pitch......

Additionally why not introduce Sutherland and Petrasso to the squad after all Newcastle and Saints have no qualms about playing 17 & 18 year olds......

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  5. South Africa Road Block F

A new LB is also required. I'll be damned if Traore is a LB. Really missed Yun against the Gunners.

Bin:

SWP
    FATaarabt
    Traore

In:

Def
    Mid
    Striker

I would't like to speculate on whom to get in to fill those positions but talk of Keane, Yak and Defoe leave me a little underwhelmed.

Would like to see us get a Big striker of the OBZ mould to play along side Austin or Vargas away from home because having one up top away is killing us. ALthough I can see why HR rests Bobby for the home games nowadays.

6. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Would be great to get Podolski on loan (couldn't see him sign)

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Tooting he would be good but sadly I see Arry wasting his time on players we wont get and on the last day get someone like a Doyle or Keene again

8. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Think SWP, Taarabt & Ale will definitely be dropped from the squad. With Traore, Hoilett, Phillips possible also depending on who we bring in & if we get any offers.

Need RB, LB & Striker cover for start + a more creative midfielder/winger would be good.

9. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

We were saying that in the summer, about bringing old players (with the exception of Ferdinand) we were pleasantly surprised, on the whole with the type of player brought in.

Hopefully, this will be repeated :)

10. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

If we do have Zarate and Kalas (both on loan) as the media are suggesting, we are doing our business early, a definite good thing and a change from Arrys usual .modus operandi...

Will give us an opportunity to get in a back and a creative midfielder....but need to clear the squad a bit to make space

The team vs Sheff United will be interesting....a few new players making their debut, a few players being showcased .... and perhaps a few players we expect to play not playing, so they are not cup-tied...There will be a lot of musing over the cup-team

11. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

In an ideal world, we'd get in:

2x RB
    1x LB
    2x Striker or 1x Striker and 1x Attacking midfielder who can dribble and spread the ball (with marmite).

12. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Traore has cost us two goals this season, against Liverpool and against Arsenal due to lack of concentration.

13. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Straight swap, SWP for a pretty young temp in the ticket office

14. Loftus Toad

Loftus Toad Active Member

don't know where to begin....

15. Welsh_Ranger

Welsh_Ranger Member

My opinion;

Get Ravel Morrison in from West Ham, maybe on loan with an option to buy in August.

I would like to see some of our young loanees called back and given a chance.

Get rid of Taarabt, Traore, SWP and Murphy in goal.

Retiring at end of season, Hill, Ferdinand, Zomora and Dunne

Current loans to buy or return - keep both Chileans if costs are reasonable and we stay up.

Left back and attacker are two key areas that we urgently need looking at straightaway.

Hate to say it but Chelski have lots of quality players they bought for millions that are desperate for game time.

Finally, No to Defoe, Keane and anyone else over 32 looking for a last pay cheque.