1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January window….

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by CaraMatt, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

i like her sister… Ana wid deethat

McGG and Munson. like this.
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

Well you’re definitely not Meatloaf, that’s for sure.

Obi Wan likes this.
  3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Well-Known Member

He's wormloaf

4. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

CaraMatt likes this.
  5. Rex Kramer

Meet the sherminater

magpie290761 and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  6. clip

clip Well-Known Member

We mustn’t forget that Joelinton is like a new signing. Imagine if Bruce was still there and we went down. Joes career could of been over and fold on for maybe £10m.
    How much is he worth now. love watching him now when in past I used to shout at tv

7. Rex Kramer

If Howe can just get Joe to calm down when chances come to him then Joelinton could be a 40 million player after all. He can strike a ball and he does have guile, but his problem is in his emotions imo. He just gets a bit too excited in the box.

Having said that it's that passion that wins the battle in midfield.

I love Joelinton he's one of my favourite players simply because he plays with his heart. I think he really cares.

8. McGG

McGG cult leader

He's world class on every single blade of grass for 82 yards of the pitch <laugh><laugh><laugh>

CaraMatt and Munson. like this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

100% its in his head now. He is trying too hard and is feeling pressurised when chances arise. I'm sure Eddie and the coaches are trying to help him, maybe getting a sports psychologist to work with him. Its a mental thing because as you say its not like he can't strike a ball. He wants it so bad, I think its affecting him.

Even without it he is doing a stellar job for the team. His effort has been first rate. He's an example to any foreign player too. He has gone through the full range of challenges and emotions. Everybody talks about the position changes and change of manager. I think that does him down to be honest. Earlier in the season under Bruce and out wide, he was already improving - the fans were just struggling to give him credit after his rocky start. From the start of this season he'd already stopped throwing himself to the ground, slamming his fists into the floor when he didn't get a decision, and generally started to use his considerable frame for good. No doubt Eddie's use of him has seen him step up again, but I think he showed real character to come back this season the way he did. I like the lad a lot simply because as you say he plays with a bit heart.

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

There are still a lot of players playing their cards close to their chest. Loads of quality going out of contract:

Mbappe, Pogba, Kessie, Dybala, Kamara, Christensen, Rudiger, Brozovic, Dembele, Belotti, Ginter, Lacazette, Lingard, and a good few others. Could be some amazing options if we are sellable to players. It appeared in January we were - certainly more than I thought given the circumstances.