1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer window

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by thephatone, Nov 13, 2011.

1. thephatone

thephatone Member

So with Del boy off to a flier and things feeling good for the first time in ages who do we expect to see leave in Jan?? Nicky i think will have to be sold Albert is attracting attention from blackburn wigan and swansea Clarkson possibly, Nyatanga has made too many mistakes,Damion stewart and JCR could also be shipped out. Ok i know ive only listed first team players but knowing that we will have to sell before we buy all of these could be up for sale. Personally would love Nicky to sign again and would be gutted to loose Albert but offers of 3 mill plus for either would be hard to reject (especially with Maynards contract situation) thoughts please ladie and gentlemen!

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

We must not sell Albert and we must improve pitmans contract.
    Maynard only hope is the del factor.
    But many will go I believe.

3. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Without doubt there will be a fair few moving on, come January, just hope we hold on to Nicky, Uncle Albert & I would say Lewin Nyatanga too.

4. Ashton Matt

Ashton Matt Member

Agreed with Nyatanga Bigjohn - he's still only 22 and has a bright future. Just needs confidence and correct coaching. I think DM will provide this and we have an excellent centre half on our books.

5. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

If we are moving up the table by January, I would hope that Nicky signs but as someone mentioned, if he is angling to be highest paid player here the answer is simple. DJ has to go as I would rather keep Nicky as on form, he is key to our success and I believe the DM might well want to build the team around him and Brett who are a fabulous combination....

6. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Can't see Maynard staying. He will end up at a prem struggler who are trying desparately to buy some gaols. We'll get 1million for him - no more as he will be out of contract. Only a prem struggler or very possibly a high Championship team will pay us any money for him.

It's interesting that the news is leaking out that Maynard did not want to go to Leicester - I would have bitten their hand off for the reported 6 million but it's moot if he won't go.

Would be nice to think the lad has some loyalty but I doubt it. Footballers and their scumbag agents are just greedy scavs these days...

7. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

CS speaks on Albert - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bris...omah-insists/story-13852398-detail/story.html

If you look at his opening gambit he clearly states - "We are building for the future under a new manager (Derek McInnes) and we are not in the business of letting our best players go"

And if you take out - "building for the future under a new manager (Derek McInnes) and we are not"

You get - "We are in the business of letting our best players go"

I'm now going to write a thread slagging him off.

Tosser...

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member