1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer & Rumours 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Dec 6, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

READING the bbc report on the MIDDSBRO game ..unless he is injured wasn't picked! ASSOMBALONGA ! NO mention in the text he was so might he be on the move?....
    still no sign of Maddison agreeing terms? And Toney was on match of the day EFL style!

looks like it is snowing here! not heavy just a few flakes

2. johngalleyfan2

this window is very very quiet at the moment the odd player or 2 being snapped up by Championship clubs but nothing major … nketiah made the bench but no game time v Chelsea … shame if he gets less game time than when at LEEDS
    ONLY A WEEK TO GO one would expect news in the few days …. this is one of the first windows not heard a miaooow from the tealadies cat hope it hasn't been catnapped

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

robin_unreliant and Red Robin like this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We must be mad if we recruit a player from lower in the league and spend 9 million to boot?

6. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Just don’t think Toney is worth the money, no great pace or strength

7. johngalleyfan2

an interesting aspect, as I mentioned previously Maddison has not yet agreed terms with Charlton and as a pair could be a good deal for £12 -14m ?
    question to be asked ........ Matty Taylor scored 9 for Oxford but not on BBC LIST? must be worth 3 or 4 million

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Vydra and Wells for me.

9 mill on a league one player mental.

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

10. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Vydra and Wells will cost a lot more in wages than someone coming from league one, so the actual cost to the club I would imagine wouldn't be that different over the length of any contract. Also I don't think the 9 million would be an upfront cost it will probably be with addons and would be cheap if we did get to the Premier League. At 23 Toney would also fit in better with our business model than the older Vydra and Wells. However the longer the window goes on I'm more inclined to say sod it, we wont be held to ransom and just recall Taylor and go with that until the summer. I hate the January window

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

12. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Another that hasn't met his requirements at his current club so why the heck are we even looking? Numbers game?

13. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Lets get realistic, in my eyes whoever we recruit in this window we are a long way from being a Premiership side, lets be fair the Championship is not even a strong division this season, I think whoever gets promoted will have to spend trillions just to stay up.

14. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Can’t see we’d want another wide player , especially one that’s not made the grade at his present cub. Unless of course a straight swap for Callum . A change of scenery may be what they both need.

15. AshtonRed

That we don’t think the championship is particularly strong I believe reflects our improvement, a few years ago the better teams in the championship seemed at a much higher standard than ourselves , now we don’t view them that way, hence the league seems weaker , when in reality it’s actually us that has got stronger .

16. AshtonRed

£9m seems a lot for a L1 player, unproven at championship level, Eisa apparently wasn’t up to it, though he’s now banging then in, I have a lot of sympathy with your view to bring back Taylor and pocketing the money for next summer, what I don’t want is to spend loads to appease the fans and buy a duffer .

17. johngalleyfan2

yes lets get realistic £tr's ….. !!! …. …. but do agree this is one of the weakest championships for a long time .. but could actually be one of the strongest … just that all the teams are pretty close each other!! …. however that does work both ways could all be close to each other because they are all sh*** !

I always said I liked Eisa there was something about the brief glimpses we saw that had that potential... never understood why they moved him on for a fee .. probably it was panic! FFP needed to balance the accounts or just didn't want to persevere... wasn't there a player we sent packing a few years ago did a fantastic job at Newcastle? bit like Eisa … Taylor does have something … peeps say good in Div 1 … but has put in a couple /few good appearances for us … and on here and elsewhere pundits included do state " that? player could do with a run to show their true worth" …
    I was surprised when LJ was appointed, not an instant hater though, and I still reckon him and the plan at AG, after 3 or so years of turmoil has calmed down and we have a path that is trying to be followed, and credit to the board they have stuck with it as has the whole backroom entourage. But I think LJ as THE head coach all round is only 5.5 /10 some aspects 9/10 others though 2/10. He will improve, whether he can do it in this reign at City is debatable, unless we "fall into the prem via PO'S" we need another 2 years at least. there is about 6/7 players at the moment that if kept together till 21/22 season could see us go to prem automatically!

18. AshtonRed

Trouble is John , soon as players improve they are sold on, in LJ’s defence that makes it hard to obtain consistency, but it ain’t gonna change , I’m not a LJ out , or in particularly , but I do wonder what will happen if we don’t make the play offs this season, he would then have failed his year on year improvement target.

19. AshtonRed

As far as Eisa is concerned I believe the coaching staff didn’t think he showed enough in training, football is all about opinions, having seen him close up they decided he wouldn’t make the grade at championship level, time will tell if they were right.

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

So in 11 minutes Mo Eisa played at home and unless you went away to Bolton QPR (1 minute each game) and Leeds make that 25 minutes championship minutes you saw potential?
    Or are you including the 88 minutes against lower league Plymouth in the cup game we lost 1-0?
    I think the coaching staff had a bit more information to go on.