1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer rumour mill

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Dec 18, 2018.

1. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I See Allan Judge is a rumor now, potentially a permanent as his contract is up end of the season.
    Really can't see this one, especially with his history against us

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Not sure that carries any weight.. Our defence has been garbage most of the season and Pennington has been a huge part of that unit. Whether he has best 'the best of a bad bunch' or not, we're still bottom of the league and leaking like a sieve so something has to change. And my opinion is that Pennington has individually been at fault for more goals than any other player in recent weeks and we an upgrade of him asap

3. stretchyboy

Fair point....but i'd be surprised if that partnership was broken, unless as i said due to injury/suspensions.
    I think Collins will be brought in to shore us up in the last 30 mins or so when/if we take a lead.
    We've lost too many from going up, so experience is needed to tighten us up.

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Has Collins actually signed ?

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Yes done deal. Photographed with the shirt and announced by the club.

6. stretchyboy

Won't be the first time someone photographed with our shirt changes their mind

fieldmarshall likes this.
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Don’t recall - when did this happen?

8. stretchyboy

My mind's gone blank. Back in the 90's, i thought it might've been Unsworth...
    I have the playing changing their mind and going to Villa instead (but may be wrong)

9. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

10. stretchyboy

I thought there was someone else...a big centre half

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Sooner Pennington is dropped the better, Kevin Bru positional sense at CB. Not a fan! Does last ditch tackles that people lap up due to being in the complete wrong position in the first place.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think you could argue this for every player this season. There are some good players playing below themselves - very hard to play CB with a dodgy keeper, Spence to your right, Chambers to your left and a flaky teenager ahead of you. I think Pennington will be a player. He has been very good occasionally. But I do think Woolfy is better.

You are right about position, it’s hard to know who is playing RCB and LCB most of the time. The line is all over the shop. But I do think this not something you can get right by yourself.

I would drop Chambo for Collins.

13. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I think kachloul also signed for us & then changed his mind

14. Alhare

Alhare Member

Collins has to start! Setting injuries and age aside He’s the best cb this club has had in a long long time. If he’s fit and up fir it we need that monster on the pitch being a bus against the opposition and giving everyone else confidence to get stuck in. How is this even a debate? The man in the trenches with u is chambo or an experienced international who’s played at the top fir, like, ever. Cmon, seriously??

Nuggets likes this.
  15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Leadbitter reportedly on his way to Sunderland, his boyhood club. Good on him - even in 2019 not everything is about money.

16. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

If you could turn the clock back 60 years and bring Jimmy Leadbetter back you would stay up especially if he could bring Ted Phillips and Ray Crawford with him.

17. Westlake33

Reckon one more in or not?

Hopefully a few will go out on loan / I mean Knudsen's still here - if he's not going he needs to be picked from now until the end of the season. He's easily our best LB still in my view - while not keen with how he's gone about things - weird one.

Last game for example -
    * Dozzell not in squad * Kundsen not in squad * Edwards not in squad * Harrison not in squad ( Huws + Ward + Adeyemi + Lankester injured ) * Emmanuel is back, will he get a chance? * Dawkins ( lol! ) not in squad * Nydam too good to be having a waste of a season in my view.

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I don’t think Knudsen’s going anywhere before the summer. I’m sure he already knows where he’ll be going then.

We keep giving him reasons not to want to play for us so could blame him.

19. Westlake33

Well - IF Knudsen is staying, he is 100% the best LB we have and that needs sorting out A S A P.

Be interesting what happens with him.

20. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Knudsen is the best LB at the club, but how much better actually is he? I've always rated him and never quite understood the boo boys and the scapegoating, but his decision making has been close to horrendous for large parts of the last 12 months and seems intent on giving the ball away at almost every opportunity.

Kenlock is a player who I think is half decent.. Certainly not the answer, but at 22 and with decent athleticism he has scope to improve and hasn't ever really let us down when he's played.. Though he's generally dropped as soon as Jonas was back, so not been given a fair crack in my view... certainly not over a longer period of games

With Jonas seemingly 100% leaving in the summer I certainly don't blame the club/Lambert making the decision to freeze him out as we don't need anyone going through the motions (trying not to get injured) particularly when we have a young player who can play that role adequately (possibly better than that) and will be with us for the next couple of seasons as well.

itfcptc likes this.