1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

The January Transfer opens soon so I'll start to put a list together here on Rumors and paper talk.
    Most of my sources will come through the online transfer gossip.
    As normal most of it will be rubbish. Make your own lists here and then we can see which ones were true.

Can't see Jol going wild in the transfer market as the players just aren't out there, but hoping for at least 2 new players.

20/12/12 Douglas DF (Twente) Both Fulham and Newcastle are chasing Douglas, but he turned both down in the summer to stay at Twente.
    21/12/12 Robinson GK (Blackburn) Southampton, West Brom, West Ham and Fulham are all reported to be interested in the 33-year-old. (Mail)
    23/12/12 Bolat GK (Standard Liege) Fulham are set to sign Standard Liege keeper Sinan Bolat for £800,000, The Turkey international, 24, is wanted as No 2.(Sun)
    28/12/12 Chris David MF (Twente) Fulham are back in for Chris David who they almost got in the summer. (Mail)
    02/01/13 Derek Boateng CB/DM (Dnipro) Medical planned for Boateng at Fulham who Jol has looked at before in the summer. (Express)
    06/01/13 Banel Nicolita RB/RW (St.Etienne) Fulham were in for him in the summer, and may try again but he is recovering from injury. (Sky)
    06/01/13 Andrey Arshavin AM (Arsenal) Andrey Arshavin is eyeing a move to Fulham with his Arsenal contract up in the summer (Sky)
    07/01/13 Jack Butland GK (Birmingham) Arsenal, Fulham and Southampton are said to be mounting bids (Star) Stoke City
    08/01/13 Maarten Stekelenburg GK (Roma) Itallian press has Fulham putting in a bid for the Dutch Goalkeeper. Rumors previously in summer he would join then.(Italy)
    09/01/13 Jake Livermore MF (Tottenham) Fulham looking to buy Livermore and possible double swoop for Huddlestone. (Mirror)
    11/01/13 Steven Kelly DF (Fulham) Reported to be having talks with Reading. (Jol Interview)
    12/01/13 Yann M’Vila MF (Rennes) Fulham boss Martin Jol will make an £8million offer for France midfielder Yann M’Vila, but QPR are already said to have made an offer (People)Rubin Kazan
    13/01/13 Bernard Malanda-Adje CD (Zulte Waregem) Fulham boss Martin Jol is making a £3million move for Belgian teenage sensation centre half Bernard Malanda-Adje. (Mirror)
    14/01/13 John Stones RB (Barnsley) Fulham are going to have to pay £1.5m for 18-year-old Barnsley right back John Stones, 18. Wigan are also interested. (Sun) Everton
    23/01/13 Marko Marin MF (Chelsea) intends to discuss his future amid interest from clubs wanting to take him on loan, CSKA Moscow, QPR and Fulham linked (Sky)
    25/01/13 Mohamed Diame MF (West Ham) Tottenham are considering meeting West Ham's £3.5m release clause to beat Arsenal, Everton and Fulham (Guardian)
    27/01/13 Jores Okore DF (Nordsjaelland) Fulham are favourites to sign him with Swansea interested as well (people)
    27/01/13 Jonathan Ayite ST (Brest) Fulham Manager Jol is interested in signing him (Sky)
    28/01/13 Igor De Camargo ST (Gladbach) Reported to have been offered at place at Fulham with Everton, Frankfurt and Hoffenheim interested. (Mail)
    29/01/13 Urby Emanuelson MF/LB (Milan) Jol is interested in the Milan player aged 28, who can play left back or midfield, possible loan. (yahoo) Fulham
    29/01/13 Stanislav Manolev RB (PSV) Having talks with Fulham, possible loan. (tribalfootball)Fulham

Deadline Day Rumors

Emanuelson (Milan)
    Ngog (Bolton)
    Simpson (Newcastle)
    Butland (Birmingham)
    Stekelenberg (Roma)
    Manolev (PSV)
    Eyong Enoh (Ajax)

10.01.13 Chris David MF (Twente) reported as a new signing in match report of U21's away v Chelsea.
    25.01.13 Emmanuel Frimpong MF (Arsenal) Fulham have taken him on Loan for the rest of the season.
    31.01.13 Urby Emanuelson (Milan) Signed on loan till end of season.
    31.01.13 Stanislav Manolev RB (PSV) Signed till the summer with option of two-years.
    31.01.13 Eyong Enoh (Ajax) Taken on loan from Ajax with an option to sign permanent.

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting us going again Superbri.

17/12/12 Yacouba Sylla (Clermont) France under 21 midfielder who is available for £1.5m. Udinese are also watching him.

17/12/12 Nacer Chadli (Twente) Winger but aspiring midfielder who we nearly signed in the summer (spent time at the club and had agreed personal terms, only for Twente to pull out at last minute).

20/12/12 Terry Antonis (Sydney) 19 year old midfielder out of contract in April. Played for Australia in recent Asian tournament alongside Corey Gameiro. More one for the future and more likely to be a summer or pre-contract signing.

3. Super Brian McBride

Former England goalkeeper Paul Robinson will be put up for sale by Blackburn Rovers. Southampton, West Brom, West Ham and Fulham are all reported to be interested in the 33-year-old.

If so where does that leave Stockdale ?

4. Cottager58

Delete already - has just signed a new 2 year contract with Sydney FC

5. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Interesting piece on another forum regarding Jol's comments that january buying generally centres around ' players who are currently not fitting in at their clubs '. Got me thinking who in the premiership that could include:

Arsenal - Andrei Arshavin, Tomas Rosicky, Chamach
    Aston Villa - Charles N'Zogbia, Darren Bent
    Chelsea - Florent Malouda, Michael Essien,
    Man City - Scott Sinclar, Jack Rodwell, Dedryck Boyata
    Stoke - Matthew Upsom, Wilson Palacios
    Tottenham - Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas,
    West Brom - Graham Dorrens, Jerome Thomas
    Wigan - Ben Watson, Jordi Gomez

Some intesting players here but not too sure how many are potentially available. Darren Bent, Arshavin and Palacios sound as tough they could be just what we need, would love to see Berbatov, Ruiz and Atshavin linking up. Boyata always looked a real prospect for City, although it seems his loan spell at FC Twente did not go too well.

6. Cottager58

23/12/12 Sinan Bolat Standard Liege goalkeeper who we were linked with in the summer and indeed the story is that we were paying for the Turkish keepers rehab from a cruciate ligament injury. Fee around £800k.

23/12/12 Darren Bent The rumours keep coming up and we are the bookies favourite. The latest paper stories say we are willing to match Villa's latest price of £8m so long as Bent is prepared to take a wage cut.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I'd love Rodwell, Essien, Palacios (maybe), Dorrans and Huddlestone, but Essien is at Real Madrid now and the rest I don't think we've got a chance with. Players like Arshavin and Bentley... They've not been any good for at least a year or two now, so the jury is very much still out.

8. Super Brian McBride

If I had to choose one from each I'd try for
    Arsenal - Tomas Rosicky Wages!!!
    Aston Villa - Darren Bent on loan (Is he Injured?)
    Chelsea - Marco Marin on loan
    Man City - Scott Sinclar on loan
    Stoke - Wilson Palacios
    Tottenham - Michael Dawson Wages!!!,
    West Brom - Graham Dorrens
    Wigan - Jordi Gomez

9. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Marko Marin is hell of a shout. Why did Chelsea sign him? Top player but the poor bloke hasn't played!

10. Super Brian McBride

I watch a lot of German football and was always impressed with Marko Marin when he was at Werder Bremen and before that Gladbach.
    Some other Players I'd look at from the Bundesliga would be:
    Huszti - AM Hanover 96
    Stefen Kiessling ST Bayer Leverkusen
    Alex Madlung CB Wolfsburg (remember him from Europa QF)
    Aaron Hunt AM Weder Bremen
    Takasi Inui LM Eintracht Frankfurt
    Oscar Wendt LB Borussia Monchengladbach

Some others from other leagues
    Matis Suarez ST - Anderlecht (But coming back from injury)
    Ibou - AM OH Leuven
    Honda - M CSKA Moscow
    Lucas Biglia AM Anderlecht
    Carlos Balla ST Brugge

11. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I read that Madlung is is joining us, source: friends of fulham - reported in Bild newspaper

12. Super Brian McBride

Interesting, from what I know he hasn't been playing recently, think he had a fallout with the manager, but they have a caretaker manager at the moment
    so wonder about that report, he's a bit of a folk hero there. He's had back trouble during his career, so needs a good medical.
    He impressed me during those game in the Europa, reminded me of Samba (Blackburn - Anzi), but it was a few years ago, so he must be 30+.
    There were a few players who impressed me during our Europa runs
    Petric for Hamburg, freekick and his movement, thought we should have got him then instead of Andrew Johnson.
    Boateng of Dnipro, reminded me of Papa Bouba Diop at his best.
    Brian? from CSKA Sofia think he was Brazilian and come on as sub to take great corner and free kicks which just bombarded our goal.
    Most of the Shaktar midfield.

13. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Boateng has been touted around for ages, he seems to come up each transfer window. Bolat seems a done deal, Madlung would be centre back cover/starter, Boateng ( potential 2 million bid ) Defensive midfielder. That would leave us needing 1 or 2 creative midfielders. Super Brian, the entire midfield or strike force from Shaktar would be the things dreams are made of !!!

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Some interesting names here, but are many of them scratching where we itch? Bent, for example, is a fix for part of the team that isn't the problem. Most of us have been saying for the last couple of months that we need a new centre back and one or two central midfielders. Riise's recent form might see us in the market for a left back as well, but I don't think a new striker is what we need (or new wingers, for that matter). When we've played well, it has usually been with Berbatov and Ruiz as the front two. Would you drop one of them for Bent? Villa's experience shows that Bent isn't going to be happy as anything other than a regular starter. I think signing him would be a recipe for adding discontent to the squad. As for Arshavin, if we're complaining about the lack of effort shown by our boys in recent games, it's hard to see Arshavin as the hard-working committed pro to transform that.

I know Dorrans was well regarded as a creative midfielder in the Championship before West Brom came up, but I must confess to not having any sense of whether he's recreated that in the Premier League. I have a vague sense that he's been someone who has been a bit in and out of their side. If that's the case it begs the question of whether he's got what we are looking for at Premier League level. I'm not dismissing him, but I'd like to hear someone who's seen more of him than me make a case for what he'd bring to our side. I know others have spoken highly of Ben Watson in the past, but again he's someone who I don't have a strong sense about one way or another.

Huddlestone is a name that has been frequently mentioned in the past and maybe this is the time for him to move on, particularly as Sandro seems to be establishing himself. Add in DemPele and Scott Parker, and Huddlestone might decide there are just too many bodies in the queue ahead of him at Spurs. I can't see City selling Sinclair or Rodwell, even if they have only been bit-part players so far (in Rodwell's case, Yaya Toure's absence at the ACON makes it even less likely that they'd let him go).

Sorry, this has turned into a long rambling response.

15. Cottager58

Could we do worse than look again at introducing a bit of Fulham USA? Midfielder Dax McCarty who plays for the same team as Tim Cahill seems to be exactly what we need -

I'd doubt if we could tempt him with a permanent deal but what about a short term loan ? Okay it would only be until Feb/March but that would potentially see us through a difficult period when Diarra will be off to the ACON.

16. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

Captain.
    I tend to agree with you on the Darren Bent comments, here is a player who does not fit into a team
    that at the moment is awfull.
    A transfer figure or 7/8mil is being bandied about. If he should wish to join he would have to take a wage cut,
    but we would still have to pay him 30/40k per week,and he would want a 3 year contract at least.
    Surely the powers to be would not sanction this managerial folly.
    Although not having been down the cottage for the last 6 weeks,all the regulars know our main problem is defence,
    surely with the above quoted figures, we could get some quality that would bolster and stabilize.

17. Cottager58

24/12/12 Will Hughes (Derby County) We are still being linked to the 17 year old 'blonde bombshell'. The bad news is that Derby value him at £10m. The good news is that he doesn't have an agent.

18. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Neil Danns of Leicester City, he is currently out of favor with Nigel Pearson. Very impressed with is ability and work rate last season and I think he could move into the PL without a problem.

19. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

How would a play out of favour with a Championship side do a good job for us?

20. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

In the same way that most of the Swansea, West Ham, etc player seem to have done, or have I missed something.
    Watch the boy before making a judgement. He is currently on loan to Bristol City.