1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Merrygoround

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

2. Whitejock

3. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Sadly WJ, I think he is just another poncey academy product tippy tappying it around in the youth teams with all the coaches telling him is the best thing since sliced bread. Then can't hack the physical nature of the championship where people are prepared to kick you and pull your eyeballs out to get the ball. Time to dress him back up in his scum onesie and return him to mummy

4. Clive Time

Clive Time Active Member

I thought he looked okay in his first few games, but it looks as though he came here expecting to play and as soon as he was dropped he wasn't up for it as we're not his club.

I've never liked us loaning young players from the Premier League, we should be developing our own players over them.

We've had Townsend, Livermore, Barkley, and none of them did much.

Sending Ross Barkley back is often used as a stick to beat Warnock with but he did the right thing there.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  5. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

A bit of a shift from TC on transfers - said that after De Bock he’d be pleased to see more signings arrive this month and would be happy if a striker was amongst them.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Latest news out of Midlesboro is that Leeds dont want Clayton but have spoken to Pulis about Adam Foreshaw. Another midfielder that Pulis hasnt played so seems surplus to requirement. Foreshaw has a good pedigree coming from the Everton academy going on loan to Brentford and being a regular starter then being bought by Midds and winning promotion to the prem.

7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Bad news.
    The window is half over and we have brought in all the quality we were always going to bring in.

Good news.
    Radellino is going to share the clubs transfer policy with us fans in February.

This bloke is taking us for mugs in a way even Bates didn’t manage...

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Out of all the strikers we are linked with, I want Ulloa. He has at least another two seasons in him, experienced and capable of scoring goals.

9. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
    Following Following @PhilHayYEP
    More
    Leeds quietly hopeful of doing this one. Cardiff in a position to offer more but Forshaw keen to come to Leeds.

10. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

but more important is leeds need a striker to score goals as we have not scored a goal for 3 matches

11. Whitejock

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Building blocks WJ next signing will be a striker I feel certain

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  13. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

What a load of tosh. The “experts” on here have announced Rad is here to trouser cash, no way is he spending £2.5 million after having spent £1.5 million last week on the left back and £500k on the Jap.

Rads out <laugh>

14. Whitejock

I think that the 'experts' will have you know that he's actually being paid to take the lad off Boro's wage bill, and his rather excellent PR team is currently brainwashing the punters into thinking that that Radz paid out money. Obvious, when you think about it, eh?

davy, xbpod and Marcos Barber like this.
  15. Marcos Barber

In all seriousness, despite my best judgement, I have read 100’s of posts on here about the blatant need for a left back, central midfielder and striker. Well, 2 out of 3 for around £4 million in a week deserves credit in my book. Whether they are the right players, who knows? Even Wilko admitted it is a lottery and we just have to trust those that sign the players. But.... please Rads complete the deal, sign a striker for some money and show the experts up for what they are <laugh><laugh><laugh>

davy, xbpod and Whitejock like this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

If you get snowed in down there and nobody gets their ticket as well as you ruining their weekend how big a financial hit are you taking? <whistle>

17. Marcos Barber

The genius of your work on here is that your unhappy clappy followers think you believe the bollox you write as much as they do, don’t worry about us, we’ll have fun :emoticon-0148-yes:

davy likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

That much eh...

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Agree, whatever we’ve paid they are credible players

Still think we are fcked unless we get a striker or Lassie starts playing again

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On paper we have 2 very good players for the first team, both winners, both experienced in promotions. An under 21 International who due to the quality of the Belgium full National side has made it hard to get into. He has his critics as well but is a pacy attacking full back, tough to get around and a tough tackler. He gives his all. Foreshaw is not a name I really knew about but when you look at his record you have to admire the kid. takes a mean penalty, pushes forward, tough snappy tackler breaking up attacks and can distribute the ball. Solid in a promotion winning team, played in the prem in a poor team. Probably a better option for a regular start than the other 3. Looks like Klich is going