1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours JANUARY 2024 WINDOW.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jan 1, 2024.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Lyndhurst wil be home in time for dinner then. Or will he………?

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Will there be one more.....Femi Azeez...Winger/Striker... 5ft 11in...22yrs old.....with Reading.....lot of talk about him going on....although his record doesn't shout out at you.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Saxon Earley has gone on loan to Wycombe Wanderers for the rest of the season.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So well past 11pm and only Sousa has come in today

No strikers added to our limited attacking numbers.....Hardie, Bundu , Waine .& Issaka.....the only regular scorer amongst them is Hardie.....and I feel his workload has been to high recently.....will he stay fit for 18 more league games...plus the Cup.....When he and Bundu where out injured we had the back up from mid-field of Azaz and Cundle....the're no more.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Schumacher has brought Niall Ennis into his little band of ex-Argyle players at Stoke.....will he do any better ....I wonder.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Stoke and Dwight Gayle have parted company....which means he is a free agent....he has scored goals everywhere.....accept at Stoke......If his wages where within our scope he might be worth a punt as a back-up striker.

7. notDistantGreen

That’s a bit unfair to Bundu. Waine and Issaka (and Tyreik Wright). They don’t score frequently because they don’t play frequently.

Neither do we know how many Alfie Devine may chip in. Bali Mumba hasn’t been doing as well this year as last and there’s potential there if we can get him making and taking them again.

I would have liked to see another out-and-out striker brought in but they are the hardest to find and the most expensive.

We’ve had a good track record in recruiting lately and our problem hasn’t been scoring, it’s been stopping the other lot from doing it too. What we’ve seen so far from the new recruits is a draw at Leeds so let’s not get too depressed too soon.

8. notDistantGreen

Ah now I did wonder about Ennis and went as far as looking up his record, which showed he’d had limited game time and hadn’t been very productive in terms of goals and assists.

I suppose having been dumped once…..

9. notDistantGreen

I just watched the pre-game press conference with Adam Forshaw and Ian Foster, which took place on Thursday afternoon. Foster was asked about Morgan Whittaker. He'd taken Morgan Whittaker and his partner out for breakfast recently. He answered simply. Whittaker doesn't want to go and the club doesn't want to sell him. The board had considered Lazio's offer and, bearing in mind Whittaker's feelings, had rejected it. Can't say fairer than that.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It is being said that Argyles' best bit of January's window.....was keeping Morgan Whittaker....lets hope he stays fit and continues scoring goals.

11. notDistantGreen

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

well his value will be about 20 million in the summer..
    another player who has been spotted and will go soon is ? Arsenal looking

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Difficult to wrap him up in cotton wool...so that he doesn't end up injured...like Michael Cooper has been....Cooper's present value has question marks against it.... comparing to the value that he was before his knee injury.

Whittaker to continue his present form and scoring levels needs to put himself into dangerous positions of being challenged and heavily being marked out of the game....so far at Argyle he has been injury free.

14. notDistantGreen

That’s true of everyone Plym. He’s in the news but he’s just a player like all the others. We have the players to be brought on as subs if we’re in a position to give him breather.

I’m not having a go at him but I wouldn’t say he’s been at his absolute best in recent matches and yet our last 5 have been 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat, against Leeds in extra time.

The one that worries me more is Ryan Hardie. We only have one of him and he’s working like a demon at the moment. I don’t think he likes NOT being top scorer.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The trouble with Hardie is we have know one to replace him.
    Two consecutive windows and we've not found anyone to challenge him to start up front.

16. notDistantGreen

That's what I mean. If push came to shove, we have midfielders to stand in for Morgan Whittaker, although we'd be the poorer for it.

We have Bundu and Waine to replace Hardie (God forbid), neither of whom are central strikers in my opinion.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

....and neither have proved that they're up to the job.

18. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

and without a regular start and run in the side neither has been given the opportunity to prove anything.

19. notDistantGreen

They both have things to offer but just not as central strikers in my entirely amateur opinion.

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree with Waine who looks to be more of a Jephcott style player but I do think Bundu could do a job in the middle. He has pace and can strike a ball well but he needs to stay injury free for a while and settle into playing regularly. That's the only way we will know in his case what he can and can't do.