1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January 2021 Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Yes I suppose we could........ mind you he would be wurst for ware. <l>(sorry chilcs)........ I’ll get me coat

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  2. Saintkitagain

Saintkitagain Well-Known Member

Whatever happens there is bound to be a snag or two along the way.

3. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

He just has to talk to Luke Shaw and Morgan about working with Maureen.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  4. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Certainly hope it’s true but was only a sub y’day & came on 89th min when leading 2-1 away to Spezia. Pepe Reina in goal for Lazio!

5. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

I know it’s not realistic, and extra unrealistic in January, but all I want for Christmas is Patson Daka from RB Salzburg.

StJabbo1 and OddRiverOakWizards like this.
  6. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

He looks very good. 6 goals in 6 and 1 assist this season. 24 goals and 6 assists in 31 last season.
    Plays for an Austrian team. Ralph is Austrian. Destiny beckons.
    Would he meet Brexit requirements though?

Welwyn Saint and StJabbo1 like this.
  7. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

He would. Established international and even though it’s a low-ranked nation he’ll get some points for that. Along with his record and number of games at Salzburg would likely be enough. It would also be a transfer of £20-30m and I think they still take the values and contract payments into account on the new system. He’s absolute mustard. I saw a video of a goal where he ran from his own half on the counter and players tried to do the shoulder stop tactical takedown and just bounced off him.

We were linked in the summer but he’s only a year into his latest contract. I reckon it was more of a “wouldn’t that be a sensible player for them”. It would. I think if we made Europa it would be achievable to get a player like him but there’s probably bigger clubs taking a long look.

Big bang of Sadio Mané-ness about him, from the club and league to the scoring record and his speed too. Much bigger and stronger though. Better finisher at this stage too and thrives on the anarchy of a strong attacking press. I’m a big fan. He’d fit in very well.

8. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

What has actually playing football got to do with it? Its all about getting as much money as possible and blow the football. If we sell him in the summer (assuming he doesn't sign the contract) he should go top a rich mid table club like Arsenal as he will get a game there and double his money

9. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Oh god don’t, I remember that.

10. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Well I’m sold!

11. SoriaSaints

SoriaSaints Well-Known Member

I remember David Speedie trying to drag a protesting fan who was sat in the centre circle by his head

12. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

I don’t remember that. Was Speedie the one who had a fight with hurlock mid-match?

13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

It has recently been reported by The Scottish Sun that Southampton are among a number of clubs registering an interest in Celtic defender Jeremie Frimpong. The Saints are thought to be keeping tabs on his current situation, with discussions over an extension to his current deal having taken place with the Scottish giants but no agreement struck yet.

Frimpong has been one of the bright sparks for Celtic in what has been a frustrating start to the season for them, with Neil Lennon’s side falling far behind Rangers in the league and out of the Europa League. The 19-year-old has a goal and an assist to his name as well as averaging 1.1 successful dribbles and winning one tackle per game in the league this term (Sofascore).

14. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

1.1 successful dribbles?! Sign him up!!

15. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Not for me - underwhelmed by him. Never seems to have an end product, and not very good defensively.

16. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

17. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

It is quite funny really, I don’t think we have ever had as much strength in depth in any position as we currently have in wingers but that’s what we seem to be linked with all the time.

18. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be disappointed at us signing a winger - basically anyone who can improve us gets my thumbs up - but I hardly see it as a priority area to strengthen.

19. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Could we go back in for Brandon Williams on loan?

20. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Oddly, I'm not really sure what our priority would be right now. CB suddenly seems stronger, and I've heard suggestions that we might have purchased a CB several months ago (though I have yet to see evidence of it). We have starters at wingback that aren't likely to be dislodged. Central midfield is perhaps light, but presumably Diallo is the intended solution.

So beyond depth at wingback/maybe GK?, or a fairly unlikely move for a pricey striker, wing might be the area where we could improve the most. We have options there, and those options aren't bad overall, but I could see someone dislodging the incumbents there easier than at any other position.

BackFromBeyond likes this.