1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jamie Stuart

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Mar 19, 2012.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. brb

brb Guest

Honest first thoughts 35 and 5ft 10. So next thought is he quicker than Matt Lawrence?

Over to Bernie for this one being a Dons supporter.

3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

35 years old, 5 10 shortrs, played mostly non league, hasn't really made it at AFCW, six month ban for cannabis and cocaine use. Bring back Lawrence immediately!

4. brb

brb Guest

<laugh> Bristol < snap >

5. Bernadettec

Bernadettec Member

He is an average defender who can also score as well. I half expected that the Gills would be looking at him as like Keds he also lives in Kent. Until recently he was our captain, so if he were to sign with you it means you would have our last two captains.

6. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Have to agree with most of the above, I would rather start the young lads, I cannot see any point in this possible signing,Sounds average at besT. A good left back would be nice, Jackman can then move back to midfield. Have to say however Jackman is playing very well at left back and had another good game Saturday.

Roll on Tuesday

UTG!!

7. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

8. brb

brb Guest

OMG...quote 'too slow, too short and too crap' - oh great!

9. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Would be a pointless signing IMO and a real kick in the nads if your name is either Matt Lawrence or indeed Callum Davies...

10. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

sure looking at his as back up if another player, like jackman goes down!! that can be all

11. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

General concensus seems to be that his better days are behind him.

He's played 34 games for the Wombles this season although not the past few games, so either he's injured or has recently fallen out of favour with them. Perhaps we do need a bit of cover just in case we get further injuries, but that's all it should be, cover, not a guaranteed start. And, as has been pointed out, we've still got Matt Lawrence.

12. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I know a few people who know him, but that would not mean that I would want him at the club at the level we are at he is not for us, we are moving forwards, not backwards, I also know about him through Keds and his trouble in the past, he was chanted badly during his football league years due to the drug problem and it was tough for jamie, but he has changed but I don't think I would want him now, I did say about him last season when I was recommending Keds before we were ever linked with him and I remember a few saying no then and I was saying yes for Stuart at the time but it is a no for me now.

13. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

If Twitter is anything to go by, then Davies is out for around 6 weeks due to a broken hand after a collision in training. Think I cursed the lad.

14. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

tom tom, i think callum davies is hoping he'll be able to play with some sort of hand protection or support, whilst it should take him around six weeks to recover fully from it.

it happened in training, where he ran into ashley bourne our keeper and broke his hand, something to do with one of his fingers.

regards jamie stuart...no no no, i'm not sure he is any better than what we have already, or matt lawrence come to that, who we are letting go, plus he also sounds like trouble if truth be told !

we wouldn't need him at centre back, so he must be for right or left back position...if left back i could understand fully, but otherwise not needed...especially at that age !!!

he may have leadership skills, but if thats all he brings...which it very much looks the case, don't bother, when we have good young pro's who want to wear the shirt of the gills !!!

good luck tonight gillingham fc.....C'MON YOU GILLS !!!!!!!

15. Bernadettec

Bernadettec Member

Looks like Jamie Stuart is not coming to Priestfield according to Kent Online. It has a quote from Hessy saying that he has not been in touch with Wimbledon.

16. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Would not always believe that even though it has come from Hess as he likes to keep transfers under covers most of the time, he is quite silent when it comes to signing players.