1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jacob Murphy

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Jul 5, 2017.

1. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

His highlight tape is impressive. Honestly Matt Ritchie is the only player we have at the moment whose is close to as impressive. Hopefully it translates.

2. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

As a Toon fan you should be well accustomed to expecting disappointment.

Where you based in the States?

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. We've trawled the basement bins all Summer. Nothing, absolutely nothing, we've done so far has made me think the club has changed anything. The only marginal difference is Murphy speaks English, Thauvin speaks French. Very low net spend, still seeking value "pound for pound". I'm not berating it as such, we have to stay sustainable particularly with growing evidence that TV money will decline. But we're not even trying to be ambitious. As I always maintain, if you aim for 17th and miss that target by a single place, you go down.

Latest mumbling was us offering Mitrovic to Lyon for £16m. Not necessarily a bad thing, but are we then going to spend £25m on a replacement, or will we aim for someone of Murphy's standing?

magpie290761 and Flash like this.
  4. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Based out of albany NY, but am currently living in the lovely little state of Vermont. I don't think I'm going to be moving back.

With regard to the dissapointment, usually I'm dissapointed after watching the YouTube video so there is atleast hope! I remember rivieres and holy **** man I knew that guy sucked from the get off.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Can we not sign his brother too. That would see us well stocked for wingers. 3 of them (The Murphys and Aarons) potentially exciting.

Flash likes this.
  6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Who exactly are these £25million players that we are supposed to be picking up 1st season back in the Prem? Also that money doesn't even guarantee they would be any better. The transfer market is off it's nut at the moment. I agree we need some better quality in bit primarily we need to build a solid foundation this season. Personally I think that means investing in youth.

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Bargain bins?
    The skint Mackems are doing that.. splashing a couple of hundred grand on dead
    Beats and journeymen.

We've signed the Ghanaian player of the AFCON, an England U21 star, statistically one of the best defenders in La Liga last year and the Spaniard.

8. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Yeah, battling with some triers is surely better than signing a so-called star who came here for the single reason of money.

Seabass likes this.