1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Payne

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Jul 22, 2012.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. eltorro

eltorro Member

I think Scally wanted him to go to Peterborough to balance the books for Lee & Whelpdale. The Posh's chairman said last week they don't pay good wages so better off staying at Gills.

3. brb

brb Guest

I think Jack needs another season with us to up his profile a bit more. I like Jack and have a lot of respect for the young lad but we need to have a GOOD season where he excel's himself to that next level. I do not want to say more than that without appearing negative to our young lad. Talking to some Posh fans I think recent speculative rumours have not been helpful with the final tone of things in regards to agents. It would be nice sometimes if the club did speak out a bit more even if it is just to put the record straight at times. After all we are all supporters regardless of what team you support and we all have an interest in our players future prospects. Personally I believe we are to much in the dark sometimes which leads to negative remarks, especially when it comes to undisclosed fees and agent exploits.

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I really hope we keep him as I think letting him go leaves us a bit open in midfield, he is a brilliant player and if he spends another season or more at the club he can get us promoted and then he will be worth more also he will improve hopefully. If we get promoted you never know he may stay.