1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It's Hurst

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, May 30, 2018.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Given the respective budgets of us and Derby I think both sides have got the best fit for the job so I won't be making that comparison.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think Lampard will be a top manager. It reminds me of the time we had Charlie Austin at the club but didn't want to pay his entirely reasonable wages.

3. Alhare

Alhare Member

For what it’s worth i think we’ve got the best man for the job from the available candidates. Looking at his Shrewsbury team he basically did a Leicester with them; faves for relegation and made the playoff final with no money, a rag tag collection of players and big clubs like Blackburn to compete against. They’ll be torn apart now for their best players now they’ve lost their manager to us. he really had taken them further than anyone could have expected. Sounds perfectly qualified for us! Also a harder thing to do than Ross in Scotland and well lamps And Gerard we have no evidence they can run a football team. As for Rowett he was probably out of our league and he’s jumped ship enough now to make me wonder how long term he would have been anyway.

I’m optimistic things will get better; the footy should at least improve, the sense of fans and club being closer will improve and that counts for a lot on a match day especially when we don’t have loadza money.

Scowey and San Diego like this.