1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It's Hurst

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, May 30, 2018.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

My prediction.....18th, sorry but feel the job is too big for most managers. Mick has done a lot of damage, Marcus ain't gonna give Hurst money and the division is harder than last year!
    Need a great start to get the juices flowing again, MM destroyed my love for everything itfc and at the moment....sadly I aint feeling it!

2. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Early prediction 8th

3. Spanish

Brave weighty buh!

4. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way, a lot of sides are transitioning (including ourselves)

Promoted: Wigan & Blackburn may be a surprise package but think they'll be mid table and Rotherham will be in a relegation battle all season

Relegated: They are all in major need of restructuring and will be getting pulled apart right up until deadline day. Plus all new managers and it isn't easy for established clubs to drop down and thrive as only Burnley, Hull & Norwich seem to have done so in recent years

The Rest: Derby will be cutting the spending and offloading high earners (Vydra) and have one of the oldest squads in the league.. Same for Villa who had a surprising amount of Loanees this season & will lose some key players. They'll both likely be weaker next season

Not sure if Sheff Utd. and Millwall can repeat the good form from last season and then you have a huge pile of everyone else including Brizzle, Brentford Leeds, Sheff Weds, Hull, Brum and Forest who could string something together. The rest (Reading, QPR, Bolton etc.) will likely be in amongst lower mid table again.

The only side I would fancy to do well this early is Boro and that is mainly because Pulis was always planning for next season being their promotion push and will be able to strengthen on what they have this summer.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I'm going to say 5th this season.

6. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I predict we'll finish 10th.. Much like Sheff Utd and Brizzle this season falling off toward the end of the season and just missing out having been in and around 6th place for most of the season

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Villa and West Brom will be 1 & 2. Derby, Boro, Sheffield United will do well. A couple of Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, Brum will get their **** together just based on a law of averages. Norwich will be nowhere. Town will do well.

8. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Very happy with this, the Summary of Hurst's career on TWTD was enough to make me believe. As Westy has listed, has worked with limited resources and seems to want to play in a more attractive manner but has the necessary pragmatism as well.

I think MM has done more damage to the relationship with fans and image than the playing staff. Klug started to draw the poison, Hurst will continue.

Anywhere between 5th and 10th is my prediction. I'm more excited to see us make an effort in the cups again over final league position (provided it's not bottom 3)

9. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Personally not bothered where we will end up at the moment, just looking forward to see a fresh approach...hopefully. He does have a good record, just hope he can continue that at this level. Nice to actually look forward to the new season for a change!

Bigalreigned likes this.
  10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Fortune favours the brave...

I’m hoping that we have players that have had the shackles placed on them by MM who will now be able to show a bit of a footballing ability.

11. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Stoke to top the division, for me, and West Brom and Boro will likely get top six. I think Villa will suffer from losing loan players and cutting costs due to parachute payments drying up. Read somewhere that their average weekly wage is £30k. As others have stated, I don't think the division looks particularly strong compared to last year, but then no transfer business to really judge on yet.

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think Stoke will be in trouble, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a bottom half finish, but just avoiding the drop.

13. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but of the relegated teams I think it'll be Swansea that will struggle.

14. Spanish

I don't think any of them will struggle tbh

Alhare and Westlake33 like this.
  15. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

5th!? I really don't see it.

Bart is likely to be gone. Very limited funds again, far too many variables need to work in order for us to succeed.

Villa + Boro will be in the auto hunt.

I think Stoke / WBA / Swansea should all minimum be top half, and would have to assume two of them top 9.

That leaves 7 more top half teams for me to think up -
    * Derby. Good squad and no reason they won't be top half.
    * Sheffield Wednesday should comfortably improve and may have ££££ for another crack.
    * Bristol City likely to be top half at worst. £££££ available.
    * Leeds will spend more £££ / get good gates for FFP. SHOULD improve.

I certainly DON'T see us beating any of them lot, so the best I can think right now - at a push is 10th.

I still don't see any logical reason why we're going to do better than say -
    Forest / Blackburn / Sheff Utd either.

God knows what Norwich are going to do! Even if Maddison goes, talented squad.

Very very tough job this for Hurst.

Spanish likes this.
  16. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Happily have a wager with you Stoke are comfortably top half. Think they'll do well.

Spanish likes this.
  17. Spanish

Me to Westy, I think Stoke will be top 6

Westlake33 likes this.
  18. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Good solid appointment. Ticks alot of boxes of what we wanted from our next manager, on paper makes complete sense.

Doesn't excite me as much as some of the other names mentioned but many of those felt like more of a risk.

I honestly have no idea where we will finish next season. I'd be happy with midtable as long as we see the squad developing and some of the potential being fulfilled.

19. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I don't think any of them will go up automatically. In fact I'm not sure any of them will make the playoffs..

Teams that have been 'established' in the Prem have always struggled when they've dropped down. The more successful relegated clubs have generally been yo-yo clubs that still have some Championship players and a memory of what it takes. Everyone at those 3 will be used to 38 games a season on pristine pitches with plenty of rest between matches. It will be a massive shock to play 46 games with Saturday - midweek - Saturday at places like Rotherham and Bolton etc.

The only club looking remotely prepared are Stoke having appointed Rowett. but he's got a busy summer offloading most of the squad (after the world cup) so will be all over the place going into the August

20. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Lamps has gone to Derby. If they are in the auto places and Town don't make the play offs then Evans will certainly have egg on his face.