1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It could have been you Sammy Clingan!!

Discussion in 'Coventry City' started by jaob, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jaob

jaob Active Member

Genuinely sad to see Coventry at the wrong end of the table. I hope you can get out of it.

If you don't it will be interesting to see if Sammy Clingan does to you what he did to Norwich 3 seasons ago. Not too surprised at players leaving but most Norwich fans didn't like the manner of it with SC. 'Too good for league 1 football', 'happy to move to a big club with premiership ambitions' etc etc. We're always glad to give him some stick back these days.

If the worst does happen though my view is that the season we had in league 1 was one of the best we'd had for a long time at Norwich and it was really good for the club. We were among teams we could compete with, the squad we had left and those who came in were really committed and the fans we met were real supporters, thick and thin supporters, not the cheap glory hunters who only turn up when their team is winning.

I hope you make it but if you don't it's not the end of the world.

2. calgary_skyblue

calgary_skyblue New Member

Thanks Jaob,

Always had a soft spot for Norwich! Best Premier league Game I ever saw was Coventry v Norwich one Boxing day, ended 5-4 with 3 disallowed goals . . . 2 Penalties . . . and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
    If ever the losing team deserve 2 points for sheer heart and entertainment, it was the Canaries that Day!

Appreciate the reality check you've given us. Any chance we could persuade SISU to dump Coventry and take over the "Tractor Boys" instead?

;)

3. calgary_skyblue

calgary_skyblue New Member

Just been persuaded to apologise to any Ipswich fans who may have been horrifed my my suggestion that SISU drop Coventry and become your new owners!

I agree, Ipswich have never done anything to Coventry or it's fans, so as to justify such a sadistic and cruel fate!
    Could you please suggest alternative clubs for SISU to own ( other than Coventry, Norwich or Ipswich ) who might deserve it?

4. jaob

jaob Active Member

I could think of a few, most of them are in Turkey, Argentina etc.

5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Everytime I think of Coventry , then I think of SISU & thank my Lucky stars we did not get them .......

Good luck .