1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It’s done!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Apr 7, 2021.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I’m sure this is true. Plus land in the most desirable property location in Suffolk that could make millions. He stood to lose millions more and I think this decision was driven by the realisation that even if we got back into the Championship he would still be losing a minimum of £5m every year until the club was in the top flight.

TopBunk likes this.
  2. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

I am sure there are a lot of players having a few sleepless nights this week - and rightly so! :)

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Im not so sure....I think half of them don't want us promoted as they'll be straight out of the door, and if they haven't given 100% up to now, then they never will

Bigalreigned likes this.
  4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Just listening to the interview and I am impressed.

1. I appreciate some people's concern about US take-over, dosh, branding etc- but we were going nowhere, well on a downward spiral, and this gives us the best chance to recover our pride, passion and general Club status for years.
    2. They both show honesty, candour, willingness to invest in priorirites, and they answer the questions! Everything is a priority at ITFC! And they want to be the best in every aspect - training, health, performance & loyalty, a place other players want to come to, community activities,- they have pulled together a very experienced team. They recognise the past history and place in football that our great small club once had.
    3. They are excited and hope to get promotion this season, but realistically, expect next.
    4. Need to do an Audit, assess exactly what's going on now, whats going wrong, areas that need to be looked at. Talk to everyone. To echo others thoughts, many current players know this could be their last few weeks in a Town shirt. My guess, half the active squad will be shipped out. (Always enjoy our debates on Who would you keep? This has a sharper focus now...)
    5. Both are keen to engage and communicate with supporters. Have a Face, something which Evans lacked.
    6. Big emphasis on the Academy- gotta be the way forward. Using, and exchange players - US - Suffolk, will bring a fresh international dimension
    7. A sense of humility, openess, and humour.

Good luck and let's all hope for the best - I for one cant wait to take a seat and cheer from the rafters.

I am beginning to feel my old Club is back. One small step....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    San Diego, Redruth, itfcptc and 2 others like this.
  5. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Cool! We might be into something at last. We’ll never know the ins and outs. ME is a very smart, wealthy man. Owning Ipswich hasn’t done his bank balance or self esteem any good. He didn’t/couldn’t afford to invest on top of the cost of keeping us afloat but no idea why it took so long to find a buyer given his lack of enthusiasm for owning a football club. He kept us alive after the **** show of our relegation and presided over slow demise. It’s over now.

the only way is up. Almost literally in our case...

the academy has to be key. We absolutely need a flow of quality players to generate revenue.

realistically (I’m not a hopeless optimist!) I think the best we can hope for is to emulate Norwich and be an effective yo yo club. Somehow they retain their players whilst the stokes of this world dont cope with the relegation at all. It’s almost like they plan for it the day they go up, and the ensuing promotion campaign that follows ...

Unless we get a shiny new stadium and some awesome youth along with great transfers at a bargain I don’t see we can do a Leicester...or can we...?

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Time will tell Bucky! One aspect I do know is all our mental health has brightened up!

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I would hate for us to ever try to emulate Norwich. Better to have ambition and sometimes fail than to play it safe, coast along and never achieve greatness.

As for the stadium, I would hate for it to move out of town but it’s probably inevitable if Town do get back to winning ways and play a decade in the Prem.

8. Buckyohare

No problem, We’ll have to disagree then. Sat in L1 there’s has been a much better past 20 years and I’m sure it isn’t just luck that’s achieved that.

West Brom would be a similar club to look to in terms of size, expenditure and they had many years in PL so what do we know about our new chairman and his role in that success?

Frankly something jotted on the back of a fag packet will be more than we’ve had for a long time...

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

We have a very different definition of success and achievement. Leicester have had it in recent years. Norwich and West Brom most certainly haven’t.

10. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Success is relative, emulating Leicester is currently the pinnacle for a club of similar size and shows what is possible with ambition and should be the long term goal of any club. However, let's be honest with ourselves success for us at the moment is putting together a campaign that doesn't fade away by February and the summer window is building rather than clearing out and rebuild ing season after season.

itfcptc likes this.

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Problem is Mike....we have nothing to build around, this really is a piss poor squad and tbh, it's wholesale changes that are needed!

12. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Spanish, I agree that we could point at any part of the club or squad and say it's a disaster zone that needs improving yesterday.

I think though that some semblance of working to a strategy has to start this summer.

13. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

perhaps PC reads the comments on here & decides just for larks, he will build a new squad around Judge just to see what sort of melt down that would cause for Spanish :wink:

Buckyohare likes this.
  14. Buckyohare

Was Judge was born 9 months after Spanish had his spectacular success down in the West Country...

Redruth likes this.
  15. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Oh if that happened i would have a break down and be put in a mental asylum!

16. Redruth

you would be in the room next to PC because he would definitely be taken in a straight jacket & locked for crimes against football :grin:

17. Redruth

Put the Audi back in the garage gaffer after this latest shower of poo !

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  18. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

160,000 miles is a low mileage vehicle in California :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  19. Southcoastoldgaffer

Oh well, perhaps a run out next season, the Audi that is, not me, tho me and us lot on here would do a darn sight better than this ****show!

Bigalreigned and Redruth like this.