1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Isthmian Premier League

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by stick, Jul 22, 2014.

1. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Cheers Ron - we are well ahead of the game at the moment as we are on @ 33/1 and he's currently trading @ 7/1. <cheers>

2. stick

stick Bumper King

Scraped through in third last night and highlighted the problems faced by a slow starter. At least he is through!

Margate went top!

3. TC (Lovely Geezer)

He actually broke better than previously, but was squeezed out 1st bend, sandwiched again at the 3rd and to qualify from where he was was amazing <ok>

[video=youtube;D_7Zl3Dy0QY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7Zl3Dy0QY[/video]

4. stick

stick Bumper King

He is class TC, what a gutsy performer and superb finisher. We will actually be better off if he starts slower! LOL

5. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I think so mate - or T1 might help!!

6. stick

stick Bumper King

Trap Two again in the next round but we couldn't have wished for a softer heat by the looks of it!

7. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Early November, and it really does look like a two-horse race now (10-11 both with BetVictor this morning, I see). Dulwich don't look good enough, and Hendon seem to draw too many games that they ought to win.

Maidstone's cup exploits are starting to leave them with fixture-backlog (hardly ever a good thing) and their three games in hand don't mean anything until they translate into points. Gate must have been disappointed with (only) a draw at Finchley, though, but there's a very long way to go and you wouldn't want to call it.

(Stick/TC):just caught up with the events of last Saturday's Leger....huge commiserations.....that sort of chance at that sort of price doesn't usually come around twice.

8. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I know mate - but fair play to skybet - hope Stick was on with them and gets his money back!!

@RPGreyhounds top marks to @SkyBet for refunding Ante-Post St Leger bets on Touch Tackle. will others follow?? @jkgreyhounds

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Every week that Maidstone stay in the cups fill me with cheer. The Gate have had their wobble but got back firmly on track yesterday. Its not going to be the romp I had hoped for but at least we are in the running in a two horse race!

Still gutted about the dog and a little bit angry that the track officials couldn't see fit to bend the rules. I am amazed that this didn't make bigger headlines in the RP!
    TC is one of the unsung heroes on these pages rainer. He tipped that dog up to me when it was 33-1 and his knowledge of racing across the pond is superb as he proved on the Breeders Cup. (Meanwhile I have passed him on some real rubbish which I can only apologise for).

10. rainermariarilke

I've never doubted the size of TC's brain or the depth of his knowledge, Stick. And that's one of the (many) reasons why, for all its occasional fits of insanity, I read this site as often as I can.

There will now be a fairly short intermission. Back for Newmarket in April if the fates allow, by which time let's hope the Gate have built up an unassailable lead.

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Touch Tackle running tonight - should win.

Betfred are doing an enhamced forecast 1-6 (25/1 from 18/1)

12. rainermariarilke

Stick: I'd planned to make one of my 2/3 times a year visits to Imber Court to give you a heads-up on how Margate are playing, but fortunately my East Molesey mole (geddit?) rang early enough to tell me it was off - waterlogged, apparently. Maidstone could only draw, I see.

I'd say it still isn't over, and what's in practice a four-point gap certainly isn't insurmountable. It probably wouldn't hurt to get yourselves knocked out of the Isthmian League cup,though ! If I can get along to watch any of the three principals before Easter, I'll post again (still can't take Dulwich's chance too seriously, though).

(Palace found themselves a goal up against Liverpool - a touch fortunately - then seemed to decide it was time to stop playing. What's that about ? Memo to self - have a stern word with Pardew about the perils of negativity.

13. stick

stick Bumper King

Cheers Rainer, its a two horse race still for me and the game between the two will be massive. Its not the easy money I thought it was going to be though!

14. stick

stick Bumper King

Game on again tonight after Maidstone lose 2-1 at lowly Hampton & Richmond. Margate now 5 points behind with two games in hand. The match between the two on March 28th will be massive in the context of this title!

15. rainermariarilke

As (sort of) promised, I went to watch Margate at Leatherhead yesterday. Leatherhead - the Tanners, as we locals amusingly call them - won 1-0 and it's now official; Gate can't do better than 91 points and Maidstone, who beat Grays 2-1, have already got 94.

Not much to say about the game; pretty scrappy, Margate probably deserved a draw, and the pitch wasn't great either. The upside was that it was a lot better than watching slow horses run twice round a big field in an obscure Lancashire suburb. The downside was that I went to all this trouble, only to find that Stick had put his own selfish pleasures first and sodded off to Spain.

Difficult to predict anything for next season. Margate seem well-organised, and their front two look quick, but club rosters do change dramatically in the close season at this level and - as I think I've said before - the side whose chairman/owner has the deepest pockets and can bribe a couple of decent mid-30s pros out of League 2 or the Conferences tends to have a huge advantage. Enfield look to have a promising nucleus of youngsters and could have a good year.

stick likes this.
  16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just watched Touch Tackle win on TV

stick likes this.