1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Israel

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, May 14, 2021.

1. brb

brb CR250

I was watching on SKY today, and it said those small explosions beforehand are what's called soft touches, warnings that the main building is about to be struck - from what I saw contact is made within Gaza to say exactly where they are going to strike, and you have a set amount of time, to leave that building. I saw one guy taking one such call from the Israeli military, I've no idea what authority he is within Gaza.

Welshie likes this.
  2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

It's been going on since at least David v Goliath, ironic how the roles have reversed.

3. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

That's interesting, I was wondering what those two small explosions were to begin with.

brb likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

To be honest in hindsight the vast majority of Palestinians looking back, wish they'd accepted the 1948 UN proposal. Having said that, they saw the large influx of 10's of thousands of jews during the ottoman empire and then the Balfour Treaty and could see (feared) that if they agreed to the UN proposal they faced an eventual existential threat. In the end that's what's come to pass but had they accepted the proposal at least they would've become a sovereign state with international law much more firmly on their side.

What happened after 1948 is precisely what they feared and the Israelis gradually took more and more land. But then, had their been a Palestinian sovereign state they may have been better protected - although when you look at the Golan Heights which Israel took off Syria, maybe they wouldn't have been? But what really crossed the line though was the outcome of the 1967 war and at that point Israel broke significant and considerable international laws. If they went back to those 1967 borders which is what most want a two state solution to come as close to as possible, we might be able to end this ****e. Not sure it's going to happen anytime soon though.

PINKIE likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

FWIW arabs from all the regions including Palestine were elected to the Ottoman parliament. Palestinians held positions in high office in the civil service, the judiciary, and the army and as ministers in the Ottoman cabinet. And they were elected from all over Palestine including Jerusalem, Nablus, Jaffa and Gaza.

PINKIE likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

McVities.

Treble likes this.
  7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

please log in to view this image

brb likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

First factory was there, it should be your holyland brb <laugh> :bandit:

brb likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

No bombs on Jaffa please. :cheesy:

Treble and PINKIE like this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's cool mate, this bloke in Israel's got it covered...

please log in to view this image

brb likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Absolutely crazy given that (i think i am right with this) Arabs are semite's too.

PINKIE and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  12. AwakingGiants

AwakingGiants Active Member

Nuke the world, problem solved.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

So after reading the history lesson that has happened on here in the time ive been at work, no one has gave any info as to why it's all kicked of again, just focusing on the past.

So it seems a religious thing started it all again, it will always take just a simple thing to ignite this area.

Reminds me of my yoof, and a boy soldier, and the oirish thing, There is no way the IDF can be beaten by Hamas alone. It just can't and won't happen.

So a simple question to all those slating the IDF, just what do you suggest should happen next?

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aye but not just this area. We could talk about the Orange march. Just like the Jerusalem march that's kicked this off.

Mate if you know the oirish thing as well as I know you do, then you know this won't ever be solved by the IDF or military means. Just like NI wasn't solved by the RUC or military means. In the end an enforced system buckles.

Israelis are as much prisoners of their own making as the Palestinians they persecute. They won't see peace and they'll be chained to the constraints they live in until the Palestinians are free to write their own destiny. Same **** that brought an end to the troubles in NI, the same **** that brought an end to apartheid in South Africa. You can only put a lid on it for so long, in the end it eats away from the within.

BobbyD, PINKIE, Edelman and 1 other person like this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

you can beat them on the battlefield, you will never break their spirit. it's pretty much all i know.

PINKIE and Treble like this.
  16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

As for what happens next, the rest of the world need to grow some balls and sanction Israel for the numerous UN conventions they are in breach of and start to work towards a proper two state solution.

It would likely take a generation to implement properly as you’ve now got Jewish settlers who would need to be rehomed and Israel would have to give up land back to Palestine. A sovereign Palestinian state would need to be established again.

The psychological scars will take even longer to heal, but the basic premise that Netanyahu can carry on persecuting Palestine not only with impunity, but funded and armed by the west is one of the most glaring injustices in the world right now.

17. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Isn’t what Israel are doing amount to war crimes?

Edelman and aberdude like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yes, and it has been since Israel, the occupying force in Palestinian territories, starting moving it's civilian population into those occupied areas.

That in itself is a war crime.

You can add apartheid and persecution into the mix too

Edelman likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's not the first time either.

The report concluded that the al-Maqadma mosque was hit during evening prayers by an Israeli missile, killing at least 15 people and injuring 40 others. The report noted that there was no evidence that the mosque has been used to store weapons or that it was being used by Palestinian militants at the time.[8] The report further described response of the Israeli Government, alleging that the mosque was not attacked at all, as "unsatisfactory and demonstrably false

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Ibrahim_al-Maqadma_Mosque

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

"I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian child's existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do."

Ariel Sharon

*This interview is disputed by Sharon.