1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is This Mad Citeh Squad The World's Strongest?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by David Schofield, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Henducas

Henducas Member

if it was business then they wouldnt be spending so much and so over the top. It was business to Hicks and Gillette, and a lot o other foreign owners but in the sheiks case I would say they just want to become the best as quickly as possible (not saying they will be), as they have too much money anyway

2. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

<ok>
    Point I was tryin to make was they're not doing it as a love for the club.We all know that City's numbers came up with this deal.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's more a case of using City to support their marketing efforts and attract investment. They won't care about dumping a couple of billion quid into City if it gets consumers, tourists and investors thinking about Abu Dhabi in the same way they think about Dubai. In fact, the way they are spending huge amounts and shaking up the game is likely to help them due to the publicity it's generating. They've already started using City's CL participation as a marketing tool for Etihad - if City makes Etihad half as large and profitable as Emirates the Mansours will be happy with their investment.

4. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

..............why............ do............ you............do..........this...................:?

5. David Schofield

After MOTD2 tonight can you close this thread please Mods, take a look at the bench for todays game at THFC.

Staggering.

6. Unbiased Opinion

Mourinho at city or united would be intersting, i think he'd stick around at united to try and build a big name after fergie.

7. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No. Can you beleive they only won 5-1? Anything you can do...

8. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

Lets see come the middle of Feb, how this team of Divas holds up ;-)

9. The Ginger Marks

They were playing away today TBF against a team who held you comfortably for 45 minutes<whistle>

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was definitely strong, although who the **** is Savic? And Utd's bench wasn't too bad either! <ok>

I'm sure that come the middle of February Liverpool's team of divas will be falling apart. After all, Barton tried to throttle Gervinho for diving, when he comes face to face with Suarez he'll probably put him in the hospital ;)

11. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

Cardiff fan,

Watched the game today and was absolutely brilliant to see the quality all round, made the game look simple. This was the best display I have seen this season by far, any neutral would say the same.

12. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

We'll probably be asking the same question in a few years' time when he's been shipped out because someone more expensive has become available.

13. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

If we sell him in the future we will be able to get our £5m back the same cannot be said of Carroll, you have paid £35 million (£20m more than he was worth) for a one trick pony and if you can sell him you are going to lose big time.

14. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Can't see the fairground paying over the odds to get their former waltzers spinner back

15. MUFCOK

MUFCOK Active Member

<laugh>

16. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

He's a decent looking defender but from what I have seen so far nothing special, why they decided to let Boateng go and sign him instead I'll never know, Boateng looks like a really good, strong and fast central defender and would probably of been a really good player for City had they been willing to give him a run in the middle instead of a few games at full back.

17. The Ginger Marks

1st officer on the Star Ship Enterprise, a Vulcan <laugh>

18. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

Boateng really impressed at the WC as well. Looked like he could play all along the back four, wouldn't have surprised me if was as good as Kompany is now for City.

19. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Boateng wanted to be first choice, not sure if he's that good to be a first choice in that Man City defence. Looked dicey in the world cup for me at left back.

20. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

He wanted to play in the center where he feels he plays best, he isn't a full back he can just fill in there. He wanted to go back to Bayern because they were willing to play him in the center and he wants to push for a place in the national team playing in that position.