1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is the world at a dangerous crossroad?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Feb 21, 2022.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The main question for me is where the hell does this war go from here and will the supportive countries continue to supply weaponry? I notice that India, Turkey and several others appear to be entering some kind of new G8 alliance and until the entire civil world speaks out against Putin and his murderers this conflict could fall off the radar and into the hands of Russia. The daily losses incurred by Ukraine are horrendous and the fate of those falling into Russian hands looks even bleaker because they are being tortured and sent to who knows where and to who knows what. Putin will not stop until such time as he has cut Ukraine off from the Black Sea and the only Ukrainian products being shipped will be those that have been stolen, thus furthering the demise of Ukraine by cutting off international trade and the monies earned to support life itself. If Ukraine, or at least what's left of it, is granted immediate EU membership then what does that bring to the picture and does anyone expect that possible scenario change anything evil in Putin's mind? Apparently Belarus has been holding military exercises but as yet they have not become an obvious player in the war, unless I have missed something on the way, and I wonder if Putin will put extra pressure on Lukashenko to join in the carnage and face extra sanctions from the west? The future is being created on the battlefields of the Donbas area and if it spreads westward from there then I can't see any way the West can sit aside and watch the essential invasion of Europe as a whole.

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

there is apparently a guerilla force that is anti Belarus becoming another Putrid style AGGRESSOR .... They are citizens of Belarus and wish to stay peaceful neighbours ...unless Belarus . gov does something silly .....

russian navy currentl being kept 60 miles from Ukraine [ odessa area ] as no defence against Harpoon missiles They are welding extra hooks on to heli pad to tie down land based anti missile systems!!!!!

3. realred1952

interesting the pakistani plane KHALID1 that flew over Baltic toward north EUROPE Holland Denmark via a route near to Moscow is now returning .. left PARIS and is now flying direct over Turkey and middle east !

4. realred1952

there is apparently a guerilla force that is anti Belarus becoming another Putrid style AGGRESSOR .... They are citizens of Belarus and wish to stay peaceful neighbours ...unless Belarus . gov does something silly .....

5. realred1952

the reason for the high number of strato tankers ... they are predominately refuelling fighter jets that shadow Russian spy planes encroaching on European / Nato held territory. In the Baltic area and the Black sea coast mainly. They [ fighters ] dont operate with transponders on! ? As many as 6 Strato's are showing at any one time. The fighter jets can stay in the air for over 6 hours with the tankers available.......

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  6. realred1952

But on Thursday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov looked me in the eye and told me things were not as they seemed.
    "We declared a special military operation because we had absolutely no other way of explaining to the West that dragging Ukraine into Nato was a criminal act."

I quoted to him an official United Nations report about the Ukrainian village of Yahidne, in Chernihiv region, which states that "360 residents, including 74 children and five persons with disabilities, were forced by Russian armed forces to stay for 28 days in the basement of a school… There were no toilet facilities, water…10 older people died".
    "Is that fighting Nazis?" I asked. .............

............... "It's a great pity," Mr Lavrov said, "but international diplomats, including the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UN Secretary-General and other UN representatives, are being put under pressure by the West. And very often they're being used to amplify fake news spread by the West."
    "Russia is not squeaky clean. Russia is what it is. And we are not ashamed of showing who we are." ..... is this a sublime admission of accepting they are murderous cretins, thieves and demented egoists that believe they greater than everyone else

The US has accused him of pursuing a false narrative of Ukraine as the aggressor, and of direct responsibility for Russia's invasion as a member of its Security Council.
    Russia has accused Ukraine of genocide. However, in 2021, eight civilians were killed in the rebel-held areas, according to self-proclaimed pro-Russian "officials", and seven the year before. While every death was a tragedy, I said, that did not constitute a genocide.
    I suggested that if genocide really had taken place, then the Luhansk and Donetsk separatists would have been interested in us going there. Why were we not let in, I asked.

"I don't know," said Mr Lavrov. ... wow the second in command of Russia doesnt know why the separatists who they supply with arms wont let third parties in to confirm what is going on ...... WE KNOW .... RUSSIA using them as a shield as a border against the so called peaceful... ooops sorry aggressive west, who give them McD Costa ... hang on we took them away as they invaded a peaceful neighbour .

7. invermeremike

Russia is a country filled with too many ex-soviet style leaders and I can't understand why the youth can't apparently see what's happening. I know Putin has clamped down on protesters but surely there has to be life left in them to show the world that someone in this rogue country cares about the brutality being inflicted by their homeland. If all social media and TV/radio stations were all closed in the UK do you think life would go on as normal or would the population speak up about what was happening? Perhaps it will take 5 million people to walk across the Ukrainian border to show their support for the people under fire and then continue to the Donbas area and tell the Russians to lay down their arms and go home, if they dare, to their mothers and families. Something drastic and unheard of needs to happen and totally unarmed and peaceful marchers would fit the bill and perhaps ask the dissenters in Belarus to join in to show they don't want war on their doorstep. My idea will never happen but I just wish the will of the populace from the rest of Europe who are sick of the murders and lies being inflicted on a peaceful nation such as Ukraine would come to the fore. People power is a stronger force than we may think and until it is unleashed in it's full glory this unwarranted war will continue to kill more people and hope.

I am certain Russia is supporting separatists in other ex-soviet states to cause trouble on word from the Kremlin and they will use the same type of excuses as in Ukraine for their attempt to liberate them from whatever they make up. Most, if not all, of the ex-soviet republics that declared independence in 1991 have very high percentage of Russian speaking citizens and as such Putin will feel that they all deserve repatriation in to other Russia. If we let him get away with his brutality in Ukraine his next targets are well documented due to their ethnic Russian populations. Stop him now or risk the worst.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  8. realred1952

this is what the kremlin KRETINS are basing there "special military murder and destruction" war on. Some unchecked! feed back on the area now in Question is the inaccuracies of the Russian armaments.. haphazard firing of missiles or attacks by tanks has killed a large number of Russian soldiers and separatists! and so called Russian CITIZENS and Dondas pro Russians as their info is often acted on a few hours [ a day? ] late so genocide is a big part of the Russian offensive

9. realred1952

Been monitoring todays activity.. usual strato tankers. but a fir few additional C17's etc from 7 nations moving around. There seems to less transponder activity across the pond W to EAST but a few heading West [ TO EUROPE] do not seem to keep transponders on! could this be they are amongst the commercial airline flight routes ... crowded skies somewhere amongst that lot is about 200 military! about 14000 planes showing. red plane over mexican border is a drone at 62,000 feet... bottom left corner. No one flies over Ukraine!!! comair.jpg

10. realred1952

QUIET DAY TODAY only 5 military planes have transponders on over main land USA/Canada Europe has 10+! few strato tankers over Europe indicate quite a few other planes about not showing presence! No spy planes advertising their presence ...
    UK chief of staff sends letter to all forces stating what the might hold ... like fighting along others to combat RUSSIA!!!!

Russia stealing grain to feed the Syrian mercenaries? 2 massive tankers tracked and confirmed off loading circa 350,000 tonnes of grain in Syria tracked from SEBASTOPOL

The Mayor of Kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, has told the BBC the Russian public will eventually realise their young soldiers are dying for nothing more than Russian President Vladimir Putin's ambitions. .....
    "This is a tragedy for Russians and for the Russian Federation. The people do not understand that right now, but I am sure they will realise very soon the reality. The Russians die - for what? The ambition of Putin?"

The number of potential conscripts are going down! They HAVE UNTIL AGE 24 to sign for the year many younger ones have left Russia... the basis of future knowledge technical and otherwise ... they saw the light .. estimated at 200k??? [ male and female ]
    Putin also seems worried about the sanctions has now resorted to off hand comments they are silly and pointless... but they are having an effect you have to wonder where the extra "roubles" are coming fro some gangsters [ OLIGARH'S ] underground printing press! to buy a "russian equivalent" McD now twice the price???

Russia "stole" 00's of Planes [ aeroflot ] spare parts are regularly needed [ I know in my later years working 2000 onwards ] used to deliver some to 5 places in EUROPE for servicing. Not all parts are kept on shelf in Aircraft service areas .... took5 washers to luxembourg once in an envelope 40mm x 40mm, green label was about 6 times bigger!!! so are these planes now grounded or flying at risk ... or being serviced by rogue countries that support Russia!!
    UPDATE on USA ONLY 3 planes 1 helicopter and the Drone at 63,000ft on mexico border ........

11. realred1952

been a very quiet day not much showing but now a p8 has shown patrolling the coast from Turkish border past Bulgaria and Romania up and down quite a few times. No callsign and at 10,000 to 25,000 ft
    These planes can be very heavily armed with anti naval weapons only 1 other plane showing a Polish sky truck m28 lightweight cargo and few passengers .. 2.5tonne load

12. realred1952

wow beware Kalingrad ..... !
    AIRBUS EC 665 TIGER @ 62250 ft ... that is a helicopter! [South of France] I ve been to the Airbus factory at Toulouse, its massive usually fixed wing never seen a chopper there! left Pau heading North

13. realred1952

KALINGRAD .... IN CASE YOU DO NOT KNOW.
    Was once part of Germany and annexxed by Russia after the war. Home of the Baltic Russian fleet and is base for quite a few Missiles ... nukes!? Lithuania a NATO country and part of the EU has a railway line from the port to Lthuania and into Belarus. Last EU SANCTIONS have closed the door for certain goods to be exported or imported through this route. A backdoor for some of the sensitive high tech stuff they need ......... !

This will really be pee ing off Putrid and those orhestrating the war and scorched policy of UKRAINE .. the Russian fleet if they start anything will face the nato fleet who have just a few weeks ago completed major exercises in the Baltic. WOULD Sweden with over 1000 fighter aircraft be drawn in as a EU COUNTRY? Russia has a Baltic backdoor via St PETERSBURG? ....
    Germany Sweden Denmark and Poland basically cover the exit / entry point, so could in theory stop and search all incoming / outgoing cargo ships [ do what Russia is to the Black sea and put up a blockade! ]

Todays event... news
    Last week, the Lithuanian authorities announced they would ban goods subject to EU sanctions from passing through their territory to Kaliningrad.
    Lithuanian Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis said: "It's not Lithuania doing anything: it's European sanctions that started working from 17 June... It was done with consultation from the European Commission and under European Commission guidelines."
    The EU sanctions list includes coal, metals, construction materials and advanced technology - and Russia's Kaliningrad Region Governor, Anton Alikhanov, Alikhanov said the ban would cover around 50% of the items that Kaliningrad imports.
    "We consider this to be a most serious violation... of the right to free transit into and out of Kaliningrad region," he said.

Russia's foreign ministry said Vilnius must reverse a move it described as "openly hostile".
    "If cargo transit between the Kaliningrad region and the rest of the Russian Federation via Lithuania is not fully restored in the near future, then Russia reserves the right to take actions to protect its national interests," it said, without specifying what those actions may be.

Lithuania is a member of the Nato military alliance, protected by collective defence treaties.

On Monday, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, noted that "the situation is really very serious and requires a very deep analysis before preparing any measures or any decisions. This thorough analysis will be carried out over the next few days."
    Today, one of Vladimir Putin's closest allies, Nikolai Patrushev, flew to the Kaliningrad region to discuss "national security in north-west Russia". Mr Patrushev is secretary of Russia's powerful Security Council. Officials claim the visit was planned long in advance. What a coincidence.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  14. invermeremike

I fear they do protest too much and I praise Lithuania for their stance and hope they do not back down on their commitment. At some point Russia will undoubtedly cross some as yet undefined line and how that will play out is anyone's guess. Couldn't help but notice some claim that Putin's girlfriend owns a couple of luxury properties in Turkey and also that she is greeted by Erdogan during her visits which also makes me wonder if Abramovich's yacht is still hiding there?

On a previous post you stated that Lavrov looked you in the eye and made some statements about Russian involvement in Ukraine so can I assume that you were using some third party article or were you actually there? Some of your detailed claims are never on the news and it makes me ask where you get your very in depth analysis because my watch on flight radar is nowhere near yours. Anyway I do actually read your claims in anticipation of more detailed information than is available on the usual suspect news outlets.

Getting back to Kaliningrad I think blockading all goods in and out would be a real good way to piss off Putin and perhaps something of a similar ilk needs to be imposed on Belarus, such as not allowing any flights from those areas to land anywhere else in the EU., if indeed that hasn't already happened.

15. realred1952

I THINK IN THE MAIN THE 2 ARE INTERTWINED.

16. realred1952

You are likely asleep when action is at highest. Radar ID's for some reason seem to go off at dusk or at night! Knowing the type of plane helps a great deal, like the difference between P3 /P8 or different cargo planes etcv. Drones are everywhere but not always, in fact mostly do not have transponders on or where they choose to put transponder on!
    I do not know they go off at night? The spy plane across the black sea returned to base a couple hours ago ... but was it replaced in situ by another Strato tankers have suddenly appeared and their flight paths over the past x hours show up and often have covered 000's miles in one area ....

FORTE11 a drone now speeding toward Black sea .. maybe tonights spy plane!!! There is quite a few Forte also NATO 01/ 12 or higher call signs , spy planes seem to operate from near Luxemborg. FORTE** from SICILY ....

17. invermeremike

AH the 8 hour time difference gets me again.

18. realred1952

well while we were asleep you should have been able to see FORTE 11 patrolling the same area the daytime spy plane was, it is basically across the entrance to the bosphorus but a few hundred k out. today midday sky fullof strato tankers and C17 IN A NUMBER, also a P8 OR P3 has been patrolling past Constanta .. Turkey to Ukraine

19. realred1952

A British man sentenced to death by a Russian proxy court for fighting in Ukraine has been told the execution will be carried out, his family say.

Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner were sentenced by a court which is not internationally recognised, in the so-called Donetsk People's Republic (DPR).
    Mr Aslin told his family his captors said there had been no attempt by UK officials to negotiate on his behalf.
    The foreign secretary discussed his case with Ukraine earlier in June.
    Liz Truss said she and her Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba had spoken about "efforts to secure the release of prisoners of war held by Russian proxies" and has called the death sentences a "sham judgement with absolutely no legitimacy".

Putrid had better start to get his tablets strengthened ... as there is a lot of build up and potential threats along all borders to him. A major NATO meeting on Friday, attended by a large number of heads of state!
    USA has been very quiet the last week or so ... getting on with the job?? A lot of C17's .. C17a's .. Airbus 400 .. C130's .. LHEED MC 130J .. LHEED 130's .. Casa c-295's .. Antonov's .. M 28 Sky trucks ... plus at times up to 6 stratotankers over a 10 hour period.
    these cargo planes do not fly half empty!

Regular patrols across Black sea north of Bosphorus .. drones and Star equipped spy planes

In the Baltic activity at entrance into it DENMARK/ SCANDINAVIA .. [ couple weeks ago a massive NATO exercise took part ]

Quite a number of Poseidon p8's p3's show up .......... various coastal routes

...........The P-8 operates in the anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASUW), and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles. It is armed with torpedoes, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and [other weapons * ], can drop and monitor sonobuoys, and can operate in conjunction with other assets, including the Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton maritime surveillance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).

[ * other weapons classified! ] I think has depth charges ! amongst them

About same time as last night forte 11 going home, only some of its transponder tracking showing, been operating 150 nmiles off Constant and about 200 from Bosphorus.

execute bona fide soldiers and, PDR beware the wrath that may follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. invermeremike

Putin is pushing all the buttons in his continuous attempt to be the world's biggest thug but surely he must realize that the sane other universe is seriously looking at possible ways to get rid of him from the face of the planet. All the threats and taunts combined with his inability to tell the truth to his people will come back to bite his backside if and when the true scope of his insanity along with his propensity to compare himself to some of the other mass murderers in Russian history but strangely enough he has left Hitler for later supposedly for referral posthumously. The overseas news has dimmed somewhat hiding behind mass school shootings in the U.S. and rail strikes over there because possibly the news we all want may soon be at hand. Any executions would be the wrong move Vlad the invader. Remember you reap what you sow and it isn't Ukrainian grain.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.