1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is the Premier League ruining our Country?

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by the_fosse, Jun 23, 2011.

1. the_fosse

the_fosse Member

After seeing England’s under 21’s crash out of the European Championships at the weekend, I was waiting for an article such as this.

Content is pretty accurate I’d say in relation to the heart of English players these days and can’t really argue with the fact that the money involved in England now is making club football preference.

A point that will continue to rumble on until our national team finds success……….so this point will rumble on for an awfully long time!

Article below:

http://sportales.com/soccer/england-ruined-by-england/

2. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

No.
    The fact that we have a **** manager is the reason we lose games?

3. stopthepress

stopthepress Member

I think blaming money is missing the point. It's more to do with coaching and technical ability.

How many creative players have we produced of late? All I saw from the England under-21's was athleticism. Doubt if Jack Wilshere would've made much of a difference. He'll end up Ingurlish even though he's playing for Arsenal.

4. tevezrightboot

The prem is not ruining our football, the problem lies is with the fans. Though in some cases it dose lie with the manager when he gose out and buys players who can only play football by booting the ball as high as they can and then run after it. The only way to improve the plight of English football is to start when they are kids are young and teach them how to control and pass the ball with both feet.