1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Stamford Bridge the toughest place in Europe to play at?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

effing fate...

2. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We're still in september.... Everyone knows we'll come good so are enjoying mocking us while they can!

3. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we all thought it was gunna be a stroll in the park. This is a rude awakening but we'll bounce back. Enjoy mocking us cause you all know we'll come good... Enjoy it while it lasts <ok>

4. Style

Style 'where is the love'

But by how much? To be honest you got the easiest champs league group out of the 4 so would expect you to still g through.

5. Breakingbad14

Breakingbad14 Active Member

But will Jose mess it up? It looks like touch and go at the moment...<ok>

6. Style

Possible, he's trying to play defensive tactics with a load of attacking players and has no trust in Mata or their strikers, insane.

7. crocarno

crocarno Member

I know, I can't believe we lost to such a crap team.

FC Basel 2 Streller 9&#8242; A Frei 84&#8242; .
    Man Utd 1 Jones 89&#8242; .

Manchester United failed to advance past the Champions League group stage for only the third time in 17 years after a humiliating defeat at Basel.

Manchester United 3-3 Basel

Ashley Young scored a late equaliser to rescue a point for Manchester United after Basel threatened a major shock at Old Trafford.

8. Style

Fair we wern't good enough in that game but that's in the past and you're deflecting away from what's currently happening <ok>

9. Breakingbad14

Breakingbad14 Active Member

Yes but United didnt lose to Basel at home after taking them for granted did they? <ok>

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

<laugh> I forgot United were eliminated by them.

Still, doesn't excuse us losing to Basel, as we are good in CL, and United aren't.

Let's hope we are not eliminated by Basel too, like United

11. crocarno

crocarno Member

London's Only EC Winners - I know, we absolutely shouldn't have lost at home to Basel, it was a poor result - but worse for me was a poor performance to boot. Really disappointing.

We really have a significant problem up front. It doesn't appear that anyone knows who should be playing up front, how to find them - there is certainly no faith at the moment that they will score. All the other teams in the top 6 in the Premier League have strikers who can (and will) score plenty of goals. Although we have attacking midfielders (1000's of them), we need someone up front who can put those chances away. We don't have anyone who can play up there who other defenders are scared of going up against.

Although there was a rumour that he was coming back for a bit, I don't think the return of Drogba solves the long term striking issues at Chelsea. That said, every time he stepped onto the pitch, particularly when he had quality players behind him, other defenders quite literally soiled their pants. Whatever our style of play or formation, we need someone who can make the opposition feel that way again.

When we've got that, our midfield gets more space as well and the goals flow.

Final thought (as Jerry would say), still not sure why against the non-thuggish teams (Stoke etc.), Azpilicueta isn't getting a look in.

12. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Basel say, NO! <whistle>

13. crocarno

crocarno Member

Style/Sm1thy

Listen, we weren't good enough last night - I was just making the point that in the Champions League (in particular) no team can "expect" to win and on the right day, any team can get a result against an other. Sm1thy - United lost away after taking them for granted at home, where to be honest, they could easily have lost.

14. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have no criticisms of Jose, bar one; the team has no spine. Now, I'm fine with rotation and I think its great, but we need a regular backbone uptop to add to Lampard and Terry. For me its got to be Mata. And one more thing, if Hazard plays our next game I will be dissapointed. That boy needs a good telling to. Hes unfit at the moment.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Some of these United fans spend so much time thinking about Chelsea they forget their own results.

Re, us, we are a world class striker short if Eto'o does not come off, but no need to panic in September. Leave that to the plastics

16. crocarno

crocarno Member

"That boy needs a good telling to"!! - he needs a bloody good kick up the arse. That said, it looks like he and our other 22,376 midfielders don't have the faith / confidence / support of a quality striker

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Eto'o has only been here a week, give him a chance.

Although, I accept, a more physical man like Lukaku might also work.

Hazard is out of form

18. crocarno

crocarno Member

London - I agree, it isn't time to panic (6 months away from that). This season, it is clear we are trying to bring through players who are new/young. Drogba has gone and Lampard & Terry have less games in them each season.

Provided that we get through the first stage of the Champions League, put on a good & sustained challenge for the league and have good cup runs (we should with our squad), I'll be happy. Whatever happens, the team need to gel and look like that are playing together, from back to front, not just a bunch of quality individuals - that wouldn't be good enough.

19. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Picking up on your striker point - Jose let your best striker go out on loan <doh>

He may be young, but is far better than Eto'o, Torres, or Ba. Torres and Eto'o are past it, and Ba had one good season at Newcastle...

20. Style

Yeah I agree but you can't be surprised at the reaction to this thread, I mean the op is pretty good at making himself look stupid but he seems to have outdone himself.

Anyway you should still qualify certainly no time to overreact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.