1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

is santa right

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by kiwiqpr, Nov 12, 2014.

1. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

But to be fair to Stumpy, Yankee introduced ML into the thread in post 2 when there was absolutely no need to.

Admittedly (IMO), Stumpy's response is OTT.

2. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

My introduction was somewhat tongue in cheek - especially given Santa's characterization of the Welsh as simple and backward.

The sensitivity to the "event" and how the club dealt with it is an indicator of the shabbiniess of what happened as is the lengths some people will go to with the revision of history and the besmirching of a fine and decent individual (even HJ has publicly stated how much he appreciated working with he who dare not be named) to justify it and to thereby assuage their own inner guilt and sense of shame over it.

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed by you aswan. I always considered you to be a voice of reason around here.

By wanting people "to be fair to Stumpy" when he produces such a vile,disgusting post,I feel that you have let yourself down.

A handful of Laudrup bashers have taken this Forum to an all time low.

It gets more toxic by the day,thanks to the like of Stumpy and his ilk.

4. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Well, as I said, if Yankee hadn't brought it up in post 2 (unnecessarily), Stumpy would never have written post 4. They're both out of order. Yankee claims it was tongue in cheek, yet he's a serious type of poster and without any sort of smiley added, it comes across as stirring and dragging everything up again. I also stated Stumpy's response was OTT (even vile, as you say), so I don't think I've let myself down.

If you feel the need to respond Vetch, I probably won't do the same as it's just prolonging the agony <ok>

5. Yankee_Jack

:D .... just for you ASD. <cool>

Monk is doing a fine job - and I mean that most sincerely - a few bumps on the road here and there (I have certainly been critical of those), but a job to be recognized and admired nonetheless. The pinnacle of which was the game against Arsenal IMO, where it all seemed to come together.

As you say I am a serious poster (which I take as a compliment - thanks) on many topics, but I like to think I roll some humour and light hearted hyperbole in with it too. I'll remember to post an icon for clarity next time.

6. Yankee_Jack

On a lighter note .... Santa's elves .... what would Health and Safety have to say about that. Poor buggers. <whistle>

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member