1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Mourinho a busted flush ?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Hash., Sep 18, 2016.

1. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Serious question guys, last season "the special one" was on route to get Chelsea relegated before they saved themselves by sacking him. This season he has scraped through against newly promoted Hull with a last minute winner and following today's crushing by Watford , he has presided over 3 defeats in a week.

Fergie didn't want him as manager by all accounts.

2. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Yes

Hash. likes this.
  3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I think he's bought into his own image, when he was protecting his players they played for him, now he seems a bit quick to throw them to the wolves.

4. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Good thread.

He's been terrible in so many ways.
    Trashing his own players in public. Losing 3 in a week. Winning by last minute goals. Picking ridiculous teams. Cba to point out everything else.

The warning signs are certainly there.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Great thread, will read again at the the end of the season. Doubt the person who wrote it will be here though <laugh>

6. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

What about your posts that Jose would adapt to United's tradition of attacking football, not the other way round, Jose's method: a powerful bus

bulletinthehead likes this.
  8. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Might be best to give him more than 6 games to decide <cheers>

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Too late, the proof is there for all to see. After 5 league games, Pep is God and Jose is **** <ok> :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I somehow think things will swing for both managers as the season progresses. There is no doubt City have hit the ground running but it would naive to suggest that City have already won the league. As for Jose, he knows exactly what he needs to do. The resources are there. It's simply a question of whether or not he has enough balls to take risks.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree. Treble deciding before United had kicked a ball under Jose that hewould abandon his philosophy for United's tradition of attacking football was v presumptuous

12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The performance from United yesterday was appalling. Top internationals just couldn't string 2 simple passes together. And it seems that confidence is thinner than an anorexic victoria beckham.

The question I am waiting to find the answer is: Can anyone break the United curse as I have said a few times since Ferguson left? In the last few years, many decent players and managers coming to United has had their "progressing" or "up and coming" or already great career falling into a deep canyon. there are too many examples for me to quote. None has fulfilled their potential so far. Pre SAF departure: Kagawa, Jones are just a few . Post SAF: Rojo, Herrera, Schederling, Di Maria, Falcao, Darmian, Mata, Bastian (a great player turning to a burden) ? Now Martial, Pogba, Mikhi are already under huge pressure to deliver to expectations. As far managers are concerned, Moyes was very decent with Everton and supposed to achieve great things with United. LVG was an established experienced manager and both turned into people who seemed to have never managed a football club before in their lives. Taking actions that were totally inexplicable.

Andf there is no doubt in my mind that all the people mentioned above would go on to perform better in another club. So what is it that stifles performance, and suffocates? The aura and the pressure of expectation? Real and perceived? Pogba and Mourinho are at the top of their profession and yet they have so far been unable to perform to their potential.

The next few weeks will be interesting. Can/Will Pogba and Mourinho break the curse?

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

If Jose played Pogba in his best position then maybe.

14. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

the job was too big for Moyes, LVG has always been massively over-rated and Mourinho lost it about the same time he went on stage at the Chelsea award ceremony and belittled everyone.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Falcao and Bastian were done. Martial, Pogba, Mikhi aren't.

16. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I said they were under huge pressure as most of their predecessors have not delivered. <ok> I know that it is easier said than done but they just have to play their natural game and forget that they are playing for United and have huge expectations to deliver this season.

They are the future of the club and I am sure they will be given time to settle.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

All quality players. Would have all three at Chelsea in an instant

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

@Christiansmith - I think that it is waaay too early to be judging many of the players that came in this season. Also, there's no point adding Martial to that list. He did great things for us last season and is still very young, least we forget. Depay on the other hand should have been on your list, Christian. I had great hopes for him, but sadly, I don't think he will ever fulfill his promise at United, or at least not under Jose. Too many better players in his position for him to get enough run of games to come good, in my opinion.

I don't think we need to be overreacting and speaking of curses. Not yet anyway. Moyes was a terrible choice (I squarely blame Fergie for that shyte) and has shown that he is just a bad manager at two other clubs. I think had he stayed at Everton, he would have been replaced. Us getting him was the best thing that ever happened to them. LvG, I have respect for what he has accomplished in the game and I don't understand how people suggest he is overrated. You don't coach for that long and be classed as "overrated". If he goes to another club, I'm certain he would perform. So perhaps the expectation got to him.

With Jose, it's way too early. He has been coach at Real. So I don't see how we can possibly think we are any more special than Real Madrid. If we come out of this current slum with a bang through him being bold enough to make required changes by playing players in their best positions, I think this would be a great learning curve for us as a team and for the manager. We just need to stop playing "B" performers and build some momentum.

Overall, we need to put things in perspective. 10 days ago, it was Pep vs Jose to find out the real king. Now all of a sudden, all you read about is that Jose is just plain sht and Pep is the king of the universe. Arsenal and Liverpool were a joke just couple of weeks ago and Chelsea were going to be the main challenger to Man City with their players jumping that Conte was the real deal. It's all changed all of a sudden for all those clubs. So we just need to keep some perspective there. I think City would slum eventually as well (I hope I'm right on this one).

19. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I reckon Jose is still on Romans payroll,its gonna get worse for you lot.<laugh><laugh>

20. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Been to the slum already. Won 1-2