1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Mick going cottaging.......

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Mad ads666, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Reports in certain parts of the media today linking Fulham with a move for Mick offering an increased salary and a substantial budget with cut backs expected at Town. How can we cut back much more. Lads washing their own kit,supplying the half time oranges,car share on away days!!!! How about a shirt sponsor mr Evans to help generate some cash.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I've also thought that it would be a good idea to find a different shirt sponsor to bring cash in, ads. And everyone knows my thoughts on electronic advertising so I won't go over that again.
    Do you really think Mick would leave just for a pay rise and a transfer kitty? He has it pretty cushy at our place with nobody from above trying to tell him how to do his job and I'm sure he likes it that way.

3. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Well SD I hope it's just paper talk. A well respected manager who knows the league inside out and proves he can work on a almost non existent budget is gonna have his suitors. I would like to think he's looking at what he's achieved with us and want to continue his work and get us up. I'm pretty sure the majority of us are enjoying the ride from looking at relegation to now being a promotion/play off candidate. I sure am,being a town fan is anything but boring. So Mick see it thru and take us up.

4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think we did try to get an outside shirt sponsor but nothing suitable was forthcoming.........

Maybe this kind of speculation could convince ME to invest more in transfer funds(if Mick wants more). I would be surprised if Mick were to leave especially for a team below us.....I'm sure EVERYONE would be gutted but if he were to go I'm sure we will be in a better state than when he came and we could continue our progress under a new man.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'd like to think that Mick has proven himself enough now to Marcus that he would make more funds available. It's pretty obvious Mick wouldn't spunk it all away like previous managers and Marcus must feel a bit more comfortable with his current man compared to those that came before.

6. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

We can never be sure Mick wouldn't waste a load of money away, we seem to be best at Ipswich when we have less money. It was a criticism of his time at Wolves in his final few years that actually he spend quite a lot of money but didn't improve the squad as he still filled the team with more workhorses over talent. No point diverting from our financial plan

I'd say we just hold tight, no need for panic, Mick has never left a club for another club in his career and has always stayed for a reasonable amount of time at each

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

On the flip side, if he did go i think he would want Tabb and Skuse to follow him, oh happy days!!!
    Weighty, not quite everyone but majority!!

8. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Just another silly rumour nothing to see here! <ok>

9. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

You had to go and ruin my Sunday!!

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I have a theory that Spanish is Terry Connor and is after the Top job....<laugh>

11. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

You are off your rocker Spanish... I think you're Bonkers!

12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I guess if Fulham were happy to blow a good chunk of £££££ for compensation be interested if Mick would relish the challenge there.

Would mean a summer of upheaval for us however!

Can't see it.