1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Meire the most incompetent CEO in history?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Aug 25, 2017.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

KR is getting a bit of flak atm, and he's only got himself to blame. He thought he could succeed under RD and KM where no other manager could, and now he's found he's taken on mission impossible. A normal owner would have handed the manager a good chunk of the Lookman/Fox money to build a promotion squad, but Roland has shown time and time again that he's not a normal owner. I can't foresee anything positive for Charlton if we don't go up and Roland doesn't sell. This season was our big chance, but Roland has proved once and for all that he doesn't care about results by putting his penny-pinching philosophy first. You look at the fixture list and feel trepidation about playing Shrewsbury or Fleetwood. How any fan can be happy about the situation is beyond me, but some are, because we allegedly had 20-odd shots on SAturday. Wow.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I would say there is only a 50% chance he will still be here at Xmas. At the moment RD isn't getting any visits to his Belgian shanty village. He won't like it when results dictate another visit. God knows what CARD are doing <doh>

3. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't Duchatelet supposed to be gracing the Valley with his presence early this season?

I'm sure that was the fantasy the apologists were all getting excited about only a few weeks ago. The President himself appearing before his adoring fans at a stadium once more overflowing with happiness and gratitude because Charlton went 11 games not-quite-unbeaten-but-only-beaten-once, if you include the end of last season.
    I mean, 122 shots so far this season? What more to these vinegar p***ing peasants want.

DickPlumb likes this.
  4. User deleted as requested

Nigel Wummingson piped up from his imaginary bolt hole in France to claim that RD might attend the Bury game

<laugh>

DickPlumb likes this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

The best thing they could do would be to disband, hold their hands up and say we tried and failed but at least we tried. Throwing toys won't work again, and what else have they got?

6. User deleted as requested

A small vignette today of the modern day footballing perversion that Charlton has become.

Meire swanking around the West Stand, that trademark sly grin on her vacuous, horse-like face. Not a care in the world.

On the pitch, a poor Charlton side, marooned without hope in League One, playing a game in front of a stadium nearly 75% empty.

A limited lump of lard as a manager - a bench full of kids and JJ.

Welcome to Charlton in 2017.

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The squirrel is an antagonistic parasite.

She is not worth 1% of Mel Baroni.

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

9. User deleted as requested

Many will say “it’s only football” and of course there are more important things in life. Many thousands of others have simply given up & walked away for good - about 7,500 for Bury yesterday and a dire 2,300 for the Legends game tells its own story.

And yet ...

When you think of what Charlton went through- the near terminal battle for survival in the 80s, the Valley Party, Selhurst, Lennie, Gritty and Curbs - it took proper people a lot of years to rebuild Charlton and get them back on track after a near death experience. All of that - every last bit - has now been needlessly squandered. The situation we are now in is every bit as dangerous as the situation we were in back in 1984 - an owner and CEO with no affinity, ambition or love for Charlton other than to minimise losses in pursuit of a vanity project by selling Academy players every year. Where did the Lookman cash go? Why did we have to sell the useless Novak in order to bring in the even more useless Dodoo on loan ?

The only answer I have is that this club is totally f*cked so long as those two stay, and the only way to shift them is to protest - every single week.

10. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I have said this repeatedly, if we had the fanbase of the spanners they would have been gone 18 months ago. We have a passive set of supporters and the protests are finished.

Ffs Mr van Gerwen the best way to protest is to not attend games, that is the ultimate protest.

11. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Yes I know.... this shocks me as well <yikes>.... but I strongly agree with @baraettmattesvensson on this.

12. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

As soon as the Belgians sell up and leave I will return to the Valley again...... and (once more) buy a season ticket <ok>

13. User deleted as requested

Only 5 home games into the season, and already the useless Meire has had to resort to 2 separate gimmicks to artificially boost our desperate attendances, "Kids for a Quid" v Northampton - poor crowd. "Students for a fiver" v Bury - even worse crowd.

No disrespect to that unintelligible Polish student who they let take the mic from Brian Cole on Saturday, but is this really what we have sunk to FFS?

I guarantee that 99% of the handful of bribed students will not be back again when they have to pay full price - why would they?

How about focusing the efforts on addressing the root causes that have led to 20,000 REAL, LONG TERM Charlton fans boycotting ??

charltonted and DickPlumb like this.
  14. User deleted as requested

P.S:

At one of her patsy sessions with fan's last season, Meire was asked why she thought the attendances were so low.

"Its because of us" she replied.

Another slippery, lawyerly evasion - if she genuinely thought it was down to her, why repeat the same same mistakes over the summer?

15. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

There is a simple answer to raise the attendances Ms Meire. Simply leave and take your sugar Daddy with you.

16. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i think her PR company have told her to just nullify any question. there's not much comeback on this comment as it's the truth and what the fans have wanted all along. The company certainly have earned their money as they've practically killed off the protests and kept her quiet. But you cant help but think maybe the million odd they've spent drumming up good PR could have been spent on a striker or something football related.

17. User deleted as requested

SIG - the striking thing about Saturday was the way Meire moved freely around the West Stand, even walking pitch side before the game.
    Its almost as if she thinks she is doing a good job.

Did she actually see the 20,000 empty seats at the game >?

Butterfield likes this.
  18. ForestHillBilly

Being paid a million odd for telling the CEO and her sidekick Sue to button it- nice work if you can get it.

Butterfield likes this.
  19. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i thought the fans had been telling her what to do for free for the last 3 years - "just F*** off".

20. User deleted as requested

One small positive over the last 4 years has been "Regime humour" - those inadvertent gags from the Belgians that left us all reeling in the (empty) aisles. From "the negative 2%" [its looking rather more these days...] to "the vinegar pissers", the Belgian's use of the English language proved even more useless than their running of the football club. Sadly we have been denied this daily dose of humour with the expensive arrival of Pitch PR, and Tom Rubashow.

What is gaining comedic currency on Charlton social media in its place is this notion of a "squad". As with all the best humour it is based on reality, as we so clearly don't have one.

In reality, our "squad" is the starting 11, 3-4 kids, and an Albino with the constitution of a piece of clingfilm.

DonCorleone likes this.