1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Mayweather running scared of Manny Pacquiao again?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by King Shergar, Feb 5, 2015.

1. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

The fight between the pair was supposedly on, and was supposed to be announced at the Super Bowl, but despite Pacquiao agreeing to only 40% of the purse talks have now stalled and both fighters are now looking for different opponents in the summer.

It is unclear why the talks have stalled, but I'd be fairly sure it is Mayweather running scared again like he did last time. By making ridiculous demands in the contract, and then accusing Pacquiao of ducking him because he won't agree to the unfair conditions.

Mayweather IMO has never wanted this fight, as he realises Pacquiao is the one man that can tarnish his perfect career. Think back to the Hatton and De La Hoya fights when Mayweather showed signs of vulnerability when faced with a an opponent who will walk him down all fight long and put him under heavy pressure. Hatton wasn't quite up to the task in the end despite doing well in the early rounds, but De La Hoya really gave Mayweather a scare and some experts felt he won the fight.

Pacquiao is a better fighter than both of them, and he's always been a very attack minded fighter, he will walk Mayweather down all fight the same as the other 2 did. I just feel he has the game to get Mayweather out of his comfort zone and land some big shots on him.

Mayweather wants to try and get out of the fight, as his massive ego could never handle a loss, but at the same time he doesn't want people to think he's running scared, so he makes negotiations as awkward as possible, basically making it impossible for Pacquiao to agree to his terms.

Mayweather will obviously go down as one of the greats, but if he continues to dodge his toughest challenger then it will be forever held against him:biggrin:

2. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

I'm pretty sure he won't lose any sleep over it.

3. King Shergar

I'm sure he is losing sleep over how he will duck out of the fight. All the goading is always coming from Pacquiao's camp, where as Mayweather only ever mentions it when asked.

Surely to be the best you have to beat the best, Mayweather has always dodged the fight as he knows Pacquiao has the skill and punching power to land some heavy shots on him.

Mayweather doesn't really pose to much threat to Pacquiao, apart from on the score cards. Mayweather doesn't have the punching power of a Marquez to hurt Pacquiao.

And in a fight that Mayweather is only likely to win if it goes 12 rounds, it's a big risk thinking he's going to be able to avoid any of Pacquiao's best shots for that many rounds.

It would be a fascinating fight to watch if Mayweather would just take the risk and make it happen :biggrin:

4. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

Mayweather would beat him without breaking sweat. Pacquiao is way past his best. Mayweather still top of his game.

Pacquiao should take the small percentage and be grateful. Mayweather brings all the money anyway.

bucks_is_leeds and DevAdvocate like this.
  5. King Shergar

Pacquiao is not past his best, and neither of his recent defeats prove he is. The 1st Timothy Bradley fight he was robbed by the judges, everyone except for the bias judges had him well ahead.

The 4th fight with Marquez he got caught with a big shot which knocked him clean out, despite being miles ahead on the score cards. These things happen in boxing though, one big shot can end a fight. It doesn't mean Pacquiao is past it just because he got caught by one big shot.

He's won his last 3 beating Rios who's a very useful fighter and beating 2 previously unbeaten fighters in Bradley in the rematch proving his superiority over him and getting revenge for the disgraceful decision in the first fight and Chris Algieri who is a very talented up and coming fighter.

Mayweather doesn't bring all the money either, Pacquiao has a massive fan base, He's a massive draw aswell. Mayweathers just not giving him the respect he deserves because he wants a way out of the fight :biggrin:

6. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

I'm not a boxing expert, but to say that Hatton was even close to beating Mayweather is bollocks, although, I could be thinking of a different fight. Anyway, I agree with my old china trev, Mayweather would take the pacman out no problem, he is too clever a boxer.

Null likes this.
  7. King Shergar

I didn't say Hatton was close to beating him, what I said is that Hatton gave him a lot of problems early on in the fight, and made Mayweather very uncomfortable. Mayweather was uncomfortable with Hattons very aggressive pressing style, so he was forced to continually hit and hug for the first 6 rounds at least. The referee actually helped Mayweather a lot in this fight by breaking them up to much, and not allowing Hatton to turn it into a scrap. Most other referees wouldn't have got involved so much, but Mayweather is clever he always books a strict referee which suits his defensive style.

Hatton did get well beat in the end, as his lifestyle held him back from having the stamina to sustain that sort of pressure. You can't be a lager lout in between fights and expect to beat the best. Oscar De La Hoya kept the pressure up for 12 rounds and he only lost out via split decision.

Pacquiao is a better fighter than both Hatton and De La Hoya, he has wins over both. Both victories more impressive than Mayweathers wins over them I might add. This is why if he can use the aggressive style that De La Hoya and Hatton used then he can hurt Mayweather.

Why do you think Mayweather is always ducking the fight?

Here's the video of Hatton v Maywether just so you can see what I mean about Maywether struggling against an opponent who runs him down, watch the early rounds, Mayweather doesn't like it when he's pressed a lot, he even struggles with Hattons speed early on. Pacquiao is a far tougher proposition who won't get tired after a few rounds :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  8. Girvan Loyal 1690

Mayweather always finds a way to win. No matter how awkward his opponent is he always finds their weakness and exploits it eventually. Pacquiao should take the fight at the low percentage (still going to make 30 million ****ing dollars) and beat him (if he's that good?) and then for the rematch, he holds all the aces and gives mayweather the smaller percentage. No brainer for this Paul Gadd lookalike

9. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Far too much politics getting in the way of this fight. The fighters have different management and promotion teams and they are also contracted to two different TV networks to show their bouts.

So Shergar must be right. Mayweather is running scared.

Oi vey :emoticon-0112-wonde

10. Girvan Loyal 1690

Tyson and Lewis were contracted to 2 different TV networks.

11. DevAdvocate

Remind me who Tyson beat again?

12. Girvan Loyal 1690

everyone he fought*

*until he went mental

13. DevAdvocate

<laugh>

btw, get that Sig changed or I'll batter you, everyone knows I'm the hardest guy on the Internet (after Smug that is)

Girvan Loyal 1690 likes this.
  14. ERINBLACK

ERINBLACK Well-Known Member

But would either of them stand a chance against Bruce Lee?

15. Girvan Loyal 1690

has anyone even seen bruce fight for real?

answer: no, as he's never fought anyone for real (on camera)

16. ERINBLACK

Bruce Lee was just a **** actor, nothing more, nothing less.

Like Keanu Reeves basically.

Girvan Loyal 1690 likes this.
  17. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rocky Balboa would have beaten Pacquiao and Mayweather at the same time with one hand tied behind his back.

Null likes this.
  18. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And Jack Nicholson

19. ERINBLACK

Boxing is rigged anyway.

Just like it's more illustrious partner, wrestling.

SUPERNORWICH 23 and Null like this.
  20. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Any of you ****s seen the new Keanu reeves film, john wick or something? Heard it was good but like you say he is a pure pish actor