1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is KM weakening the attraction of the club by...

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Lummiepie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

.... telling everyone who we tried for that have turned us down?

All we need to hear is "we are working to get people in". I cant help but think telling everyone that Gary Caldwell and Billy Jones doesnt want to play here makes us look pretty bad.

I know everyone is hungry for information but when its bad news you might be better served keeping it under your hat until the point where you can bury it with some better news.

"We have signed Rio Ferdinand, so its alright that we missed out on Play X, Y, and Z"

Play it smart.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Why is it he was able to go out and make firm offers for the 3 big names he failed to get and yet now he says his hands are tied financially and cash for big-money signings will remain in short supply..

What has changed in recent weeks..?

3. Fordy62

Fordy62 Member

To play devils advocate, it might work to just the contrary.

If Billy Jones was target A, what harm will it do to let potential target B know that we were after that calibre of player. The fact that we lost out to West Brom is hardly bad news.

I think Keith also needs to show the fans that he is trying to bring new defenders in. You've probably read how down on KM many are because of his lack of signings, but can you imagine how much worse it would be if he just didn't mention the whole defender need? People would be calling for his head.

Keith knows what he is doing. He's inherited a squad with a number of overpaid players who just won't leave cos they're on too much of a winner - DS, NH & LJ. What we have seen from the KM signings is that he has a good eye for a player - BP, Caulker, Spence and probably out best player IMO - Jon Stead.

The KM era looks promising to me. If we can just do alright this season, then i think next season, when we have shipped out all of the dead wood, will eb the best time to judge KM.

COYR!

4. Chimpster

Chimpster Member

Equally, at least we're actually making a decent signing here and there. Plenty of champ clubs that have yet to even sign even so much as a squad player.
    Everyones waiting on the loan market, going to be competive this year.

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It is interesting how players seem to choose which managers they want to work for. KM's one of the favourtites for the sack, so you can understand some players preferring not to join a manager who may not be there for long.

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I'm afraid he is trying to manage our fans completely unrealistic expectations unfortunately.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Why is it he was able to go out and make firm offers for the 3 big names he failed to get and yet now he says his hands are tied financially and cash for big-money signings will remain in short supply..'

Hmm - Does beg a question Wiz.

Millen's bricking it because he knows the sh*t we're in if these so called 'Prem loans' don't happen.

'he is trying to manage our fans completely unrealistic expectations' -
    Banksy, not sure I know what you mean.
    All I, and most fans I know are pleading for 2 defenders, how is that unrealistic?

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

we definitely need the 2 defenders and KM has said as much.

I feel for the bloke, he is trying his hardest to get some in I have no doubt about that. (if he isn't I would agree he is not doing his job properly!) i am gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume he knows his next targets and has a few prem loans lined up if not!

Didn't he say recently he had 4 targets and would be pleased with any 2 of them?

It was just never going to be Chris Smalling or Jonathan Woodgate. (yes, I have read our fans say this!)

9. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

What about that Sol Campbell fella? :bandit: