1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Jose still a very special one?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Oct 17, 2017.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

In Soho House, waiting for a very late pal to turn up for a meeting

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

...while thinking about Dion Dublin.

commachio likes this.
  3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Actually thinking about Superflex at Tate Modern while watching some very good looking girls opposite

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

I like Soho House. Not been for a while. We used to head to the top floor and crash out and drink wine for hours. Good times.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

That top floor - the Circle Bar - is closed now. The whole club is; Greek Street Soho House reopens in December (soft opening).

I'm in the new one in Dean Street.

But yes, in the 00s pre kids I caned the cocktails and bugle too, as did everyone!

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

When/why did they close it? Makes me feel old!!

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Refurbishment. Winter before last.

They've bought Kettners on the corner and are expanding the club, and putting hotel rooms in.

And upped everyone's membership £200 for two years running to pay for it (among other projects).

8. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere Jose dosent want to talk about his long term future at united? Jose has had previous for three years and out. Whats the view of the united boys on this?

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

My honest opinion is that he has no remit to tell a journalist his contract business.

He didn't actually say "I will not commit to United", he stated he had an existing contract and had nothing to add to that.

All perfectly reasonable. It is journalistic licence to print bullshit.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  10. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

After yesterdays games Jose is still more special, his team did not throw away a 2 goal lead at home <ok>

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

"The amazing defensive work Liverpool did against us, Benfica could not do that for the whole game. Without any pressure, we knew the goal would arrive."

The guy is getting into excuse mode ready for his Winter anti football.

Skylarker likes this.
  12. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You lot would form a 45,000 long queue to suck his balls if he delivered a league title to Anfield with his 'anti-football'.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Not a chance, well not for me anyway but I couldn't speak for the modern footy fan. I know a few Man Utd fans who were not too happy with his appointment but had softened that stance after Moyes and LVG. You're playing good football in general at the moment and as long as that continues then all is good, if he does revert to type I can see some not being so happy.

Serious question Tel if he does go into bus mode from Jan onwards and scrapes a league win how whould you feel about that long term if he was to stay and play like that season after season?

14. Tel (they/them)

He won't go into bus mode mate no matter how much you want him to. The fact that he has shut you down on your own patch twice has your entire fanbase fizzing like cheap Cava, I'd much rather we did that than turned up and took a hammering and kick started your season in the process. Klopp's head was about to burst for goodness sake.

We have the best defence in the league this season and the 2nd best attack. If you want to say Matic has been brought in to form a brick wall then so be it, you lot would pull your dicks off at the thought of him coming over there to replace the gimp with the gait.

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd take Matic over Hendo any day of the week no argument there. I think you're deluding yourself if you think that Jose is going to play attacking footy all season though. He will look to stifle games more and more as the season goes on and he'll do it with some success, not sure it'll be enough to win the league though. I'm not that bothered by the bus at Anfield it makes sense to a point and it could have gone your way and you could have won it 0-1 if Ibra had been fit he would have tucked the once chance away and it would look like superb tactics.

So with all that settled we'll see if he goes into bus mode from December onwards and if your fanbase are going to buy into this new brand of football. :biggrin:

16. Tel (they/them)

Even if you weren't talking purely hypothetically, it's not new is it? Fergie's been gone now for 4 full seasons. We've seen lots worse than what Jose is serving up.

When Klopp's head goes around Xmas and he starts blaming the wind and celebrating draws with WBA in front of the Kop, perhaps you'll have a rethink about what you'd accept as a fan.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

With the ****e we've had to put up with with Roy and Rodgers then I'm happy to have someone in who's passionate about the game, he's far from perfect but he wants to play football in the right way or at least in what I think is the right way and that is to attck and win the game through attacking football.

18. Tel (they/them)

You should have saved yourselves a few quid and just got Kevin Keegan in then.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm glad we swerved that one over the years, I bet it was talked about. <laugh>

20. Tel (they/them)

After Fergie murdered him in the 90's you were never going to pick up his useless carcass.