1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it all over?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank you clingo. <ok>

The point I was trying to make is that the top of the table has closed up so much this past couple of weeks both due to our own results and the wobbles of others. If we just match those above us game for game and beat them when we play them, particularly the teams we've got at home (Forest, Brentford and Leeds), then we are right in the mix.

To suggest having got the 6 hard earned points in the last two away games wouldn't be wasted effort if we fail at home to Wigan on the weekend is bizzare. The Wigan and Stoke games are a massive opportunity to put more pressure on the current top 6 place holders before we start taking them on ourselves.

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Agreed and momentum is a huge factor at this time of the season. Time to feed from the confidence of those two wins and to keep up the momentum against the teams so far below us. I know they'll be fighting hard too, but we have to fight harder than them.

BluefromBridgend and Oldsparkey like this.
  3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Well Nathan Blake reckons it’s simply down to one man:emoticon-0114-dull:

upload_2020-2-14_15-16-42.jpeg

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Murphy a target man? I don't think so.

What has Nathan been smoking?

5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Up until now, when Glatzel plays up front, opposition CB's think it's Christmas, and it would have been the same with Murph in there. If Paterson plays, they feel it's more like Halloween.

Agree there's a lot more to come from Glatzel and Murph, but that will depend upon the football we play. Paterson has proved he will always give defenders a hard time, particularly now he's got fit and up to speed after a poor first half of the season. It will need Tommo, Vaulks, Hoilett and Albert playing the ball on the floor to get the best out of Murph and/or Glatzel.

Are we ready for that yet? Wigan tomorrow at home could be a good game to try it. I'd have thought they'll set up to shut up shop and go back with a point on the offchance they could nick it. No question Murph should retain his place. Glatzel for Paterson would be harsh and might be a bridge too far, but it would certainly shake things up especially if Tommo and Albert are firing.

6. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s all over. Harris has done agood job thus far and you can see he’s trying to play more football than hoofball.
    For periods, in the last 5 games, we have passed the ball around and looked dangersous. Conversely, the other period saw some dire football. Baby steps, I think he’ll get it spot on soon enough.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Some positive comments there taff.
    Thanks for the feedback. Only see highlights, so good to get a more rounded view.

It always takes time to change a style.
    Some players will adapt to the change and others won't and will need to be replaced (if you cant change the people, change the people).
    This season is about laying the foundations for the post colin era.
    Anything else is a bonus.

clingo likes this.
  8. ninian opinion

Plenty of strange results again but City couldn’t capitalise playing against 14 men:headbang:

9. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Only problem with this is that Wigan, who are stuck in the drop zone, had the vast majority of the possession today and looked like the team that could play the style of football described above. We scored both our goals from Vaulks long throws.... but we were better at Huddersfield in the week.

Long road ahead if Harris is to revolutionise the style of football.

clingo and BluefromBridgend like this.
  10. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Despite what he says, is Harris a totally happy with the style of football, bearing in mind the attributes of his squad?

#himspeakwithforktongue

clingo likes this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Still got home games against Forest, Brentford, Leeds and also Blackburn who've become a real contender under Mowbray. With away games at Bristol, Preston and Fulham to come, that's over half our remaining fixtures agains clubs above us right now.

Just looked at the fixtures to come for some of those clubs and they've all got loads of games against each other. Leeds look to have the easiest route, but Fulham have got Preston, Bristol, Brentford, Leeds, Forest, West Brom and us <yikes>.

No need to get into some sort of detailed analysis of what's left. It's pretty obvious it's all to play for this run in. Points are going to be dropped like yesterday against Wigan, but who'd have thought Fulham would have lost 3-0 at home to Barnsley or Preston losing at home to Millwall. Hang on to your hats!

12. ninian opinion

Good post OS.

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking Blackburn would suffer without Dack.

Great day for Leeds yesterday.

Personally I think we’ll end up 4-5 points shy. Too many draws.

Top 6 for me- Leeds WBA Fulham Forest Brentford & Bristol.