1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is football broken beyond repair

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Prince Isak (GG), Jan 18, 2018.

1. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Because i can only comment from first hand experience of being on "the front line" that we are not overpaid.
    I dont know what cushy jobs superiors have and indeed how many unneccesary made up jobs there are out there in the public sector.

2. Blacker-than-Knight

What is your job?

3. Howe's about that then?

I'm a fireman

J. J. McClure likes this.
  4. Blacker-than-Knight

Thank you.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don’t knock him - its the first comment he has made for ages with no reference to how **** Rafa is.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Slavery some would say.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Can I also add the teachers?

8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Makes me sick. Alexi Sanchez on £500k per/week. **** right off with that. Average players earning £100k per week. Obscene. It's a game played by wimps now. Wimps that are separated from reality.

This could also be stamped out in an instant if people stopped going to games, stopped buying Sky/BT sport subscriptions and buying merchandise. The FA are toothless, Sky, the clubs and the PL don't give a flying ****.

9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I assume you'd all have stayed at home had this takeover happened and you got your £500m warchest then <whistle>

10. Howe's about that then?

Oh definitely. It wasnt intended as an exhaustive list.
    I loved school, love learning and considered teaching. The fact I dont like talking to large groups is a bit of a problem!

Flash likes this.

11. Howe's about that then?

In answer to the original question... Yes.

You will hear the old argument "its a short career". Yes it is but by the same token you are easily young enough to find something else you are good at should you need to.
    Also at £400k a week it would take someone on the average wage 14yrs to earn that amount.
    I dont blame the players, they happen to be really good at a game we all love, rhey probably love it too and if all the money went tomorrow would no doubt continue to play.
    The obscene amount of money sky are throwing about has ruined football

12. leez

leez Well-Known Member

money , money ,money . Abramovic was the start and that man city bloke , just pushed up the stakes . Has become boring .and its crap . Loved the championship better to be honest and no fooking alan smith . This man is torture.

13. clip

clip Well-Known Member

It should of been capped when Shearer and big Dunc were at the toon. £40 grand a week I think...Welll enough money for any man to be rich

14. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I don't really have a an issue with player wages. They will be getting heavily taxed and that is going back into the economy. The huge global interest in the premier league also means that it is an important export for this country.

What I do have a problem with is that fact that there is this kind of money sloshing around and not enough is done to reduce ticket pricing, way more needs to be invested in grass roots, lower league clubs going bust is mental. The TV deal should be distributed down the league's a little. I also hate that the cup competitions have completely lost their impotance. I blimmin love the FA cup. I would love a trip To Wembely more than winning the league right now.

15. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

We don't play in the same league as Man City...

Can you imagine forfeiting games against the top 6? We have got very few points, get hammered most games, and think about how fresh our players would be for the 26 games that matter...

If everyone did that, the top 6 could effectively have a mini league and decide amongst themselves who is best that year. Seems a lot less hassle <laugh>

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh>

17. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Absolutely

18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I would have done, I love football but I'm not paying a penny towards the game. I'm holding out for it all to crumble under it's own greed. Not going to happen any time soon.

19. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Why does everybody in the media revel in things like this Mahrez deal? They should be lambasting the system and City’s buy everyone approach. It’s ****ing sickening that City can just do whatever they want, why do the media not say universally that this is ridiculous, a disgrace and out of control???

20. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Because they would have nothing else to talk about. Mahrez is seeing it as his final big deal so you can’t blame him for wanting th move.

But it is ****e. They should not be allowed to have a squad of about 90 players with 65 out on loan in case they get good. They get the players in. Loan them out for fees and the wages are covered by th loaner clubs. The loan income goes towards the turnover and props them up for ffp.

It’s bollocks. Another trick they do to save the transfer fees is ask the players to buy out their contract save the transfer fee and pay them more in wages.