1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Irish R's

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by inkedupp, Aug 10, 2011.

1. JARLIN

JARLIN Active Member

To right nuts,just watching mrs browns boys,making me come over all irish!

2. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Messy, Messy, Messy. It's written in the stars. We just have to try and get SWORDS to come over now, although i think we might need some bodyguards for him.

3. JARLIN

JARLIN Active Member

Swords, are you there mate ,are you coming over or what?

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

OK lads, the deadline to confirm who is travelling over is tomorrow and I just want to bang a few ideas around as to how we are going to get ourselves organised for our trip. All opinions are valued as to how we can best achieve this. As this trip was first brought up on this site, I think we should agree here how we are going to proceed and then we can report our findings to the facebook page, Irish R's (Superhoops) and to Indy R's. There seems to be a fair few going so there is a lot of organising to do.

These are my ideas;

I reckon we need about 3 volunteers to organise things, as follows;

1. Information gatherer.
    Our trip has been promoted in 3 different places, not606 QPR, Irish R's (Superhoops) facebook page and Indy R's website. I reckon we need a person to co-ordinate all the responses on the 3 sites and come up with a definitive list as to who is going, names, phone numbers, email address'es etc. There may be some duplication between the 3 sites as some people have confirmed they are going on more than one site. The information gatherer should also establish flight details of people who are travelling over and room preferences for hotels, who is sharing with who etc. I think it would also be best if we then make contact with each other by email and not bore all the other people using these sites with the details of our trip. Once we are all prepared, by all means we can let people know our plans and others can come and meet us for a drink or whatever. I propose Inked (Steve Bolger) for this role on the basis that he has an enthuaism for the trip and the fact he has posted on the Indy R's website and got a few responses there. With your agreement of course Steve???

2. Hotels person
    I see this role as having two main functions. The first is to approach various hotel groups for the best deal possible for our group. The second is to report their findings to the group and for us all to get a concensus as to the best hotel for us to stay in taking into account location and price. Once the information gatherer has established our exact numbers, they will need to work closely with the hotels person. I have experience in the hotel industry and have a fair idea as to the best groups to approach and have stayed in various different hotels near Loftus Road so I would propose myself for this role, provided the rest of you agree??

3. Match Ticket person
    The third main role that I see is the role of a match ticket organiser. This person would need to establish exact numbers with the information gatherer and contact the club to ensure everybody who needs a match ticket gets one. I think we should contact some of the club hierarchy via twitter (Tony Fernandes, Amit Bhatia, Phil Beard and Ian Taylor) and email and let them know that we are going on the trip and see if they can (a) ensure that every person on out trip gets a match ticket and (b) maybe asks if they would like to do a programme article on us or something???? I have no idea who the best person is to take on this role. Somebody who is good at communicating and twitter. If anybody has any ideas or opinions or would like to volunteer for this role or has any contacts in the club, please let us all know.

As I said previously, these are just my own humble ideas on what we need to do. All ideas are very welcome.

Cheers lads.

5. BelfastR

BelfastR Member

My response is that I will assist where I can. I'm not great on the Twitter thing, I'm on it, but only to ask TF periodically if he will get his plane to Ireland and allow us to go back to London on it. He hasn't responded to my tweets to date, possibly a more formal approach via the Club would help here. I'm fairly certain that plane will be in Ireland at some point.. TF has connections with the Bombardier CEO and they have a place in Belfast. Not sure where Alan McDonald's family live but from reading Mrs McDonald's comments she anticipates that the plane will be in Belfast at some point in the near future. Finally on this point it would be a very lucky strike if we were able to get the dates to coincide and I don't think we should hold our breath on this one.

I would have no problem(in conjunction with someone else, perhaps) assisting with the match tickets end of this.

I very happy that you do the Hotels bit.

I'm not really on Facebook a lot, so I'm out of that one.

Let me know if I can help.

6. CORK-a-HOOP

CORK-a-HOOP Member

on the ball with that post.
    We should now have a cut off point of Wednesday (maybe) so you have now reg your interest, if you are going confirm by Wednesday if you want to go after that date its up to the person to organise it on their own. sounds harsh but with so many we cant be waiting on people or it will end up very messy,.

Hotel should be cheap n cheerful(nice toilets tho inky may spend some time there) possibly central london. easy for all then .

I have a page setup on not606 to let people confirm their flights so we could use that as starting point maybe.

7. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

I'll do whatever I can my cousin is friends with the head of the LSA and he said they'll do whatever they can to help.

8. finglasqpr

Thanks for the replies and offers of help Belfast and Cork. Lets wait to see what the other lads think before we make any decisions.

As regards hotels, central London is pricey for hotels even the cheaper brands like Travelodge, Premier Inns, Ibis etc. I will try to get a good cross section of hotels in central and West London. We can then decide which hotel suits us best.

9. QPRNUTS

Gents

I hope you don't think that i am a party pooper here, but I think that this has got slightly out of control. When we suggested this idea several months ago it was conceived for two main reasons;

1. A chance for us Irish guys (on this site) to meet up and get to know one another. Swap emails/phone numbers etc etc
    2. A chance for us Irish guys (on this site) to meet up with all other users of not606 and have a few beers.

The goal posts have now been moved and IMHO, wrongly. I know some of you are also members of other sites. I respect that. But, I am not. When this idea was suggested I thought it was a great chance to meet guys/Beth that i have communicated with now for over a year. To be completely honest, I have no interest/intention in meeting other people from other sites, that I don't know. The weekend will be too short to meet too many people and I wanted to concentrate on those of you that I have got to know well over the last year or so.
    Although i admire your enthusiasm, I think you are going the wrong away about this. There are now too many people from across several forums that are going. Do we know these people? Do you want to book hotels, tickets etc for people that we don't know. Some of these people will let you down. My suggestion is to keep this stupid simple. We on this site (only), confirm one hotel that’s reasonably central and cheap and cheerful. A group rate is agreed. The name/contact details of that Hotel is then posted on the thread here. If you are going, you contact that hotel yourself and quote our group and book yourself. Let the other sites know where we are staying and let everybody book their own. We are all adults. Keep it simple. Don’t worry about who is sharing rooms with who. When we have numbers from this forum we then contact the ticket office with numbers. Let other groups book their own.

Sorry, but I think this grew legs, without thinking it through properly. When we have an Irish meet up in Dublin early next year we can send out a general invite. Let’s keep this tight and simple.

10. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

nuts, you have nothing to worry about.
    this has gone the way most other proposed meet ups has gone. loads of initial enthusiasm but when it comes to the the crunch the excuses start.
    it appears that those staying over are from this site. anyone else going are season ticket holders and are flying back the same day.
    we'll do our own thing, organise a pub to meet etc and take it from there but I'm not gonna have a bouncer on the door looking for not606 i.d!

11. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

ok today's d-day for those going that require tickets please let us know.
    for those going that require tickets and accommodation can they let us know ASAP and we'll get the ball rolling.
    thanks.

12. finglasqpr

Thanks for your opinion Nuts.

Any other opinions?

13. BelfastR

BelfastR Member

As stated previously, I'm in.
    Haven't booked a flight as yet.
    I will require accommodation.
    Have taken out membership, hoping that assists with the ticket. However, if we are approaching the
    club for a block booking let me know.

14. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

thanks Belfast good to have you on board.

15. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

ok finglas, i think we have who we have, ( not sure how many that is btw! ) whats the plan of attack?

16. QPRNUTS

Nope thats it.

Sorry , i do actually have an opinion on Hulse, but I better keep that to myself.

17. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

ok I posted on the other thread that I counted 13 going is that right?

18. finglasqpr

OK Inked, our numbers agree - 13 definites!!!! I thought there was going to be a lot more so the organisation should be handy enough. Checked the facebook page and a lot of the people who said they are going are in fact based in the UK so I assume they meant they will turn up for the session. Frank Staunton said he was going with a group of 5 or 6. I have asked him again to confirm. I will wait till tomorrow morning before we have 100% numbers but the figure of 13 looks very likely to be the final figure.

The people going are;

Nuts X 3 - +3 not going to the match
    The South East R's X 5
    Me and my Nephew Nathan
    Belfast R
    Kingdom and his grandson

In terms of match tickets, myself and the Nephew are season ticket holders so we don't need match tickets. That would make 10 adults tickets and 1 under 16 kids ticket for Kingdom's grandson.

In terms of hotel/s, I assume Nuts needs 3 X double rooms, Kingdom and his grandson need 1 twin room, my and my nephew need 1 twin room, Belfast I assume needs 1 single room (?) and whatever configuration the South East R's want for your party of 5 unless of course Belfast shares with one of you and that becomes 3 X twins?? S0, if you and Belfast confirm what your needs are with regards to hotels, we are all set to see what we can get.

19. BelfastR

BelfastR Member

We're on two threads............! Use the other..........QPR v Southampton. Did a template of sorts

20. finglasqpr

OK Belfast, just seen it now.